• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
joiaco says

What I find strange is when someone follows you, then “unfollows” you, even if you haven’t released any item recently…I can’t find a logic reason for this :)

I did this once with an author who was uploading about 20 items a day and it was overflowing in my viewing box! I like to have quick access to that box for my favourite authors.

520 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ghana
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
IsaacA says

I’ve been having a bit more followers lately… I think it’s a good sign :) Liking my music me gives me a great feeling, but then buying is what I need.

1397 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Bedros says

hi everybody!)please tell me,are a lot of follower really important?

If they are targeted followers (in other words , if they are REALLY interested in your products and your style) , yes they are very important.

882 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
joiaco says

Actually i have a few followers who regularly delete me then add me again = i know this because i see their avatars regularly on my profile page.

3188 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+2 more
ToivoMedia says

Actually i have a few followers who regularly delete me then add me again = i know this because i see their avatars regularly on my profile page.

I’ve noticed that too. An attempt to get noticed… and I guess I did notice them. :D

6785 posts
  • Italy
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

I’ve noticed that too. An attempt to get noticed… and I guess I did notice them. :D

who lose time with this? :D

but maybe they want to appear in google search (maybe google think they are important? )

520 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ghana
IsaacA says

but maybe they want to appear in google search (maybe google think they are important? )

What’s the relation with Google?

1110 posts
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bangladesh
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
IngeniousArtist says

What I find strange is when someone follows you, then “unfollows” you, even if you haven’t released any item recently…I can’t find a logic reason for this :)
I did this once with an author who was uploading about 20 items a day and it was overflowing in my viewing box! I like to have quick access to that box for my favourite authors.

i did this sometimes when i followed an author, and suddenly he/she uploaded around 30-40 photodune items :D That box is too small to be following any photodune authors :smug:

6785 posts
  • Italy
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
doru says

google ranks a page depending on how many links points to that page. more links = more important

(of course is more complicated with more factors taken in consideration but specifically for the links you want a high number of them from different place on internet pointing to the page you want to promote)

since the followers list are just links to profiles and there can be nine of them on a page, theoretically, you need your avatar/link to be the last in the list of followers so you stay visible on the author profile page.

Also, probably, more important the author that you follow is then google will give more weight to the link to your profile.

520 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ghana
IsaacA says

google ranks a page depending on how many links points to that page. more links = more important

(of course is more complicated with more factors taken in consideration but specifically for the links you want a high number of them from different place on internet pointing to the page you want to promote)

since the followers list are just links to profiles and there can be nine of them on a page, theoretically, you need your avatar/link to be the last in the list of followers so you stay visible on the author profile page.

Also, probably, more important the author that you follow is then google will give more weight to the link to your profile.

I get your point, now…

by
by
by
by
by
by