I have been using fonts for awhile now and have just been realizing that the different formats do different things.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the differences are and when I would want to use the different kinds?
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Bought between 1 and 9 items
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
OpenType Fonts (otf) allow for more user friendly options such as ligatures etc. OpenType allows for a lot more options in fonts and you should use that format if available.
It’s a long article.Is that what you meant?
Yea kinda I don’t have time to check the article yet.
but I was just wondering what the differences were like when I look them up all I find is Adobe made this one Apple made this one blah blah.
and I was wondering when you use them for like web or print kinda things