2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Hi , here is a liscence for a font :

Manfred’s fonts are free for private and charity use. They are even free for commercial use – but if there’s any profit, pls make a donation to organizations like Doctors Without Borders.

These fonts can NOT be included in any compilation CDs, disks or products, either commercial or shareware unless prior permission granted.

Are theme compilation ?

Thanks !

2268 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I’m not a lawyer but reading this it looks like you can use the font for something commercial (such as a theme) but you cannot provide the font file in your product as a download – therefore just supply a download link in your documentation.

However I would suggest that you simply contact the owners / creators and simply ask for clarification on how to use their “free” font.

537 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
Hein says

Sounds like you can use it for commercial work only the creator asks a donation to a charity in return from the profits you made.

But when i read a little further then i have some doubts, there it says you have to ask for permission when you include the font in your work.

Or you just leave a link to the fonts download page in your help file and do not include it inside your theme files.

PS:tell me when you make some profits so i give you my paypal, for my charity :D, “Get Hein trough the winter”

2022 posts Review Manager
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

You’ll need to obtain permission from the author to include the font in your template files.

by
by
by
by
by
by