11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ChrisMc73 says

So if I buy a theme to use, and want to edit a logo created with a certain theme, I need to edit the PSD file, but usually they don’t include the font used to create the logos or buttons or whatever…how do I know what is being used and where to get the font?

Shouldn’t they supply the font since you are selling a theme with a certain look, the font is part of the look, it should come with it right?

1036 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
Pixelworkshop says

Hi it’s a question of rights, it’s often not allowed to include fonts in packages for sale like templates. When you open the PSD and try to edit the layer containing the “exotic” font, Photoshop displays a message saying something like “the XXXXX font is missing”, then you got the name and can search on the web. Hope that helps :)

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
Hi it’s a question of rights, it’s often not allowed to include fonts in packages for sale like templates. When you open the PSD and try to edit the layer containing the “exotic” font, Photoshop displays a message saying something like “the XXXXX font is missing”, then you got the name and can search on the web. Hope that helps :)

Also, if you can’t find the font, some places to check are the Item’s detail page’s description, the discussion board for that product, or the documentation that came with your theme. There’s a good chance the author has said where to get the font somewhere. Usually, if they didn’t it seems there are people on the discussion board asking.

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United States
ChrisMc73 says

Ok, so I should just assume that I’ll probably have to purchase the font, and can get the info about where and what font it is from the author or support area for that theme, gotcha. That makes sense.

What are some of the popular font websites you all use?

Thanks!

153 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Genem says

Font Squirrel is a popular place. If an author used some sort of font replacement in their template, then chances are this is where they got the font.

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
Ok, so I should just assume that I’ll probably have to purchase the font, and can get the info about where and what font it is from the author or support area for that theme, gotcha. That makes sense.

What are some of the popular font websites you all use?

Thanks!

If you need to purchase a commercial font, myfonts.com is my favorite. However, most of the time I’m able to find a free one somewhere.

by
by
by
by
by
by