• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
CRSDesign says

Hi team! Has anyone noticed that the reviewers appear to be putting the links into the item descriptions these days?

62 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
letsjustdesign says

Have not noticed it yet.. I always include my links in the description, i guess it’s one of the requirements..

99 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
SohiZi says

I’ve got 3 soft-rejection because of this ‘weird’ reason .

1731 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
gbs says

Yes it has been a requirement for a while :)

205 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Kushalitha says

Yes. I have got one soft rejection. :(

328 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
CRSDesign says

I don’t like including the links in my item description. Sometimes i spend a long time searching for the right font, and then they stick it in your item description for all your competitors/rip off authors to see and try to make identical items.

Its a bit like giving your secrets away, all the font info is in the file instructions itself, so not sure what advantage it is to have them on the description too. Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

1731 posts
  • Exclusive Author
gbs says

I don’t like including the links in my item description. Sometimes i spend a long time searching for the right font, and then they stick it in your item description for all your competitors/rip off authors to see and try to make identical items. Its a bit like giving your secrets away, all the font info is in the file instructions itself, so not sure what advantage it is to have them on the description too. Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

Yes, I thought sometimes ago. Font selection, font pairing etc., also need time investment and it’s also an added value of the product. Moreover, we already include that information inside the Help file so sometimes I think it’s enough. However, if it’s the rule here and we are the players, there’s no way but follow it.

895 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+5 more
Koolgfx says

I don’t like including the links in my item description. Sometimes i spend a long time searching for the right font, and then they stick it in your item description for all your competitors/rip off authors to see and try to make identical items. Its a bit like giving your secrets away, all the font info is in the file instructions itself, so not sure what advantage it is to have them on the description too. Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

Totally agree with you mate, I spent a lot of time in searching for appropriate fonts to my flyers, but I was forced by the reviewers to insert the links. I guess I’ll have to use fonts payment, but doing it this way I do a disservice to my clients.

This is frustrating.

844 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
chrisatlemon says

I get the secrecy argument, but then again people who copy will copy … I’ve always included the links in my description. People need to copy font pairing probably won’t produce such great designs in any case :)

On the other hand it is a bit of a strange requirement. If the links are included in the download, what the heck? You may as well be forced to lay open your other design secrets, too!

You can’t sell on GraphicRiver unless you let everyone know how you did it :D

Chris

by
by
by
by
by
by