339 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
CRSDesign says

Hi team! Has anyone noticed that the reviewers appear to be putting the links into the item descriptions these days?

64 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
letsjustdesign says

Have not noticed it yet.. I always include my links in the description, i guess it’s one of the requirements..

126 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
SohiZi says

I’ve got 3 soft-rejection because of this ‘weird’ reason .

1745 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
gbs says

Yes it has been a requirement for a while :)

205 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Kushalitha says

Yes. I have got one soft rejection. :(

339 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
CRSDesign says

I don’t like including the links in my item description. Sometimes i spend a long time searching for the right font, and then they stick it in your item description for all your competitors/rip off authors to see and try to make identical items.

Its a bit like giving your secrets away, all the font info is in the file instructions itself, so not sure what advantage it is to have them on the description too. Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

1745 posts
+2 more
gbs says

I don’t like including the links in my item description. Sometimes i spend a long time searching for the right font, and then they stick it in your item description for all your competitors/rip off authors to see and try to make identical items. Its a bit like giving your secrets away, all the font info is in the file instructions itself, so not sure what advantage it is to have them on the description too. Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

Yes, I thought sometimes ago. Font selection, font pairing etc., also need time investment and it’s also an added value of the product. Moreover, we already include that information inside the Help file so sometimes I think it’s enough. However, if it’s the rule here and we are the players, there’s no way but follow it.

895 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Koolgfx says

I don’t like including the links in my item description. Sometimes i spend a long time searching for the right font, and then they stick it in your item description for all your competitors/rip off authors to see and try to make identical items. Its a bit like giving your secrets away, all the font info is in the file instructions itself, so not sure what advantage it is to have them on the description too. Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

Totally agree with you mate, I spent a lot of time in searching for appropriate fonts to my flyers, but I was forced by the reviewers to insert the links. I guess I’ll have to use fonts payment, but doing it this way I do a disservice to my clients.

This is frustrating.

852 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

I get the secrecy argument, but then again people who copy will copy … I’ve always included the links in my description. People need to copy font pairing probably won’t produce such great designs in any case :)

On the other hand it is a bit of a strange requirement. If the links are included in the download, what the heck? You may as well be forced to lay open your other design secrets, too!

You can’t sell on GraphicRiver unless you let everyone know how you did it :D

Chris

by
by
by
by
by
by