147 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Cre8tiveCloud says

I really don’t seem to understand the rules regarding fonts. If I list the fonts that are used in the help file of the design is that sufficient. I keep getting rejected

Rejection Details Reason: Unfortunately, your file does not document fonts used. Non-standard fonts should always be documented in the item description AND inside a help file within your main .zip file. Please use legit font websites to provide info about the fonts used. Font-cat, Font-zone, AZfonts, Fonts101 and FontYukle are not legit websites. Thank you for your co-operation.

The help file indicates both fonts used, from dafont. and provides the links. It seems very funny how i download plenty of files that use dafont. but my file is declined for using dafont.

I’ve spent plenty of money here and its getting ridiculous, In my opinion some designers are favored in the eyes of the reviewers and if were not allowed to use dafont as a source then the rule needs needs to be enforced for everyone.

Honestly these copy and paste responses need to stop i spend a lot of money here. and it seems like some files get rejected for these issues while others are approved with no problem. Reviewers need to spot playing favorites.

147 posts
+5 more
Cre8tiveCloud says

And what is a legit font websites exactly? Why is http://www.azfonts.net/ not a legit site. They list the font license specifics and the author. ENVATO please inform us of what makes one site legit and another not legit?

147 posts
+5 more
Cre8tiveCloud says

Funny how i look at my reviewers last approval and what does it list? a dafont font. but for my submission, dafont was not a legit site. So it’s ok for one but not for all. I see

3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says

I thought you were just going to bump this thread once again, no? :D j/k

Rejection Details Reason: Unfortunately, your file does not document fonts used… The help file indicates both fonts used, from dafont. and provides the links. It seems very funny how i download plenty of files that use dafont. but my file is declined for using dafont.

Did you check again if you only used two fonts in your file? It is possible that you may have some text inside the file and may be forgot about it when including font info. I also see that you do not include the font info in description as the message says but anyway, I’m not really betting on it since many people does the same and there items are accepted. What I’m trying to say is that it is possible the item might have been rejected because of the first two lines listed in the message since nowhere does the reviewer state that Dafont is not a legit site.

Because Dafont is a legit site. Take my word for it. AZfonts is not because it provides commercial fonts for free which otherwise you’d need to purchase before using. It’s like sending a buyer to steal someone else’s hard work. As simple as that.

I’ve spent plenty of money here and its getting ridiculous, In my opinion some designers are favored in the eyes of the reviewers and if were not allowed to use dafont as a source then the rule needs needs to be enforced for everyone.
That’s one thing I completely disagree about. I’ve had my items rejected in past. Sometimes felt the same and in the end when you put more work in your item and upload it, it always gets accepted. You just need to think about it in a calm manner. Reviewers are not biased. I’d also like to emphasize that reviewers are humans just like us. So there can even be a possibility that it might have been rejected by mistake. It’s super rare though.

Anyway, did you include the link to AZfonts in your help file?

Edit: Also, just for my own curiosity, the fonts that you used, were they free for commercial use?

147 posts
+5 more
Cre8tiveCloud says

No i only used dafont. and this was the only reason why my item was rejected that was given to me. I organize my files extremely wall everything labeled, organized, and smart objects. I went through it and could not find any other fonts that were not listed.

I don’t really believe its a quality issue, I think its easier to send me a generic response about fonts, instead of taking a few moments to tell me what the issue really is. This should not be like this, if i take the time to design something for the market place the least the reviewer can do is give me a straight forward criticism not just copying and pasting responses.

1259 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
harmonikas996 says

Try to use max 3 fonts.

Use free fonts, and provide download link in help file but short link with google shorter. I am doing like that. :)

147 posts
+5 more
Cre8tiveCloud says

@ Raincutter -> Thank you for explaining to me what makes a font site legit. I see your point.

3085 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
Raincutter says

No i only used dafont. and this was the only reason why my item was rejected that was given to me. I organize my files extremely wall everything labeled, organized, and smart objects. I went through it and could not find any other fonts that were not listed. I don’t really believe its a quality issue, I think its easier to send me a generic response about fonts, instead of taking a few moments to tell me what the issue really is. This should not be like this, if i take the time to design something for the market place the least the reviewer can do is give me a straight forward criticism not just copying and pasting responses.

I understand how you’re feeling but there is a reason that the standard message is being used for most of the rejection types. If reviewers were to give out detailed explanations for every rejection then it will become harder to keep up with the uploads. The result will be slower item review process which nobody’s gonna like. Sometime ago, we’ve been through this and forums were full of complaints about it.

It seems obvious by the note that it has something to do with font so I guess there is a good chance that quality of your item is high enough to be accepted. At this point all you can do is create a support ticket or if you’re sure enough about the fonts then you can probably resubmit the item with message stating that there wasn’t anything wrong with the fonts. Also, if you create a support ticket, do tweet the ticket ID to Envato Support’s twitter account. That way, it will probably work faster. Or may be you can try both?

596 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
MikeMoloney says

The fonts are best from fontsquirrel! ;) The reviewer is saying to add the font details in the item description AS WELL AS the help file. I had this issue before too haha!

1740 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

@industryphoto: It seems like you forget to list your font elsewhere on the Description or inside the Help Document, rather than something is not right with your font. A little misunderstanding here :). About dafont, it contains many kind of licenses on the font and choosing between license matters, too. Sites like fontsquirrel are free for commercial fonts and you won’t have to worry about the license.

However, while I was sometime being noticed by reviewer to put Font information (name, download link) on the description; I see many and many items approved with just a line “Font information included in the Help file”, for example. Is that OK to mention just like that? I once flagged my own post sometimes ago to wait for a staff confirmation, but nothing happened.

by
by
by
by
by
by