[For authors] How to track AdWords sales on TF from another website visitors in Google Analytycs?

103 posts World Director
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
dedalx says

Hello everyone, I already read similar old topic somewhere deep in this forums and still does not find a solution or answer. We have Google Adwords campaign that points to our site themes page. People click our ad, go to our site and then go to TF from our site and buy themes here. We have Google Analytics account with all sales data from our TF account since we Elite Author. We have Google Analytics account for our personal site. But as I understand we can’t see our campaigns names in sales data in reports in Google Analytics for TF (because this is TF website and stats will show only TF ad campaigns names as I understand). I saw before that some authors here made some JS cookies hack to change some ad cookie and send information from personal site to TF to see that users from Adwords campaign bought something on TF after site.

So the question, how to track that visitor from Adwords – > Our site – > TF bought something from our AD? How to track that AD in adwords gives success?

Thanks for your replies.

23 posts Good design is good business
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Iceland
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
bluthemes_ says

I’m also interested in knowing how this can be accomplished.

We’re currently running a campaign which leads straight to the TF item page and the URL in the ad is created with the Google Analytics URL builder tool.

It works fine and we can see data on traffic coming from this campaign but when the user first lands on our site and then clicks a link to TF to buy the product we don’t have the information we need when he makes a purchase.

103 posts World Director
  • Elite Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
dedalx says

I’m also interested in knowing how this can be accomplished.

We’re currently running a campaign which leads straight to the TF item page and the URL in the ad is created with the Google Analytics URL builder tool.

It works fine and we can see data on traffic coming from this campaign but when the user first lands on our site and then clicks a link to TF to buy the product we don’t have the information we need when he makes a purchase.

We added scripts from link that I provide before it works and send builder params to TF after our site from AD, but with 200 clicks on AD (200 visitors goes to our site) I see only 1 with our params from link builder in stats on TF. I don’t believe that only 1 user from 200 goes to TF from our site.

If you send traffic directly on TF you should have big competitive from TF main advertising on Google (they have big click cost). How much cost limit you use for click? As I see TF have used more that 2-3$ for click to get good ad position.

by
by
by
by
by
by