449 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
Final_Step says
for me it’s usually several days (more than 2). I first start with experimenting with an idea. Then If something interesting comes out – I keep customizing, making it even more interesting, more visually appealing and more usable. Then once I finish that I start to clean everything up – removing all the experimental comps that was left unused, organize my file structure etc. Once I publish my files here I add the time estimation what it would take for others to create that from scratch. For me it was usually that mentioned amount doubled.

it is how i work haha.. doing many experiments and because of it, it is taking a lot of time for one project..

Thanks for the comment ! I thought that im the only one who works so slow :)

117 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+2 more
eMotionStudio says

Well, it just depends on what you are working on, i guess.

For example, i have spent 2 whole days just to render out the scene in 3ds max for Garage Media project.

http://videohive.net/item/garage-media/110786

Plus, setting up the 3ds max scene before rendering (4-5 hours), editing in After Effects, adding texts, placeholders and color correction (5-7 hours).

If i am using only After Effects, it usually ranges anywhere from 8-10 hours to 2 days.

449 posts
+4 more
Final_Step says

two days of rendering ? it is crazy ! I’m now working on a new project, it is already the third day of work and i not even close to finish. Hope it will be good project.

449 posts
+4 more
Final_Step says
I’m now working on a new project, it is already the third day of work and i not even close to finish. Hope it will be good project.
As Felt said and as i experienced usually the creative part is fairly quick. the cleaning up and preparing everything for VH takes long time. So if the same thing is true for you – I would suggest to upload your preview somewhere to have it reviewed by VH community. This way you can improve if something could be improved before you go ahead and spend a lot of hours cleaning up an finalizing project file.

In the way i work it is “all in one”. Im working very accurate, i mean the project is aloms clean from the start, no comps i dont need. when the video is ready for preview so the video is almost ready for videohive, except the help file and so on.

But thanks for the tip i will upload it somewhere like youtube and post it here for you to judge whether it is good or not.

175 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
adintermedia says

I usually need 2 to 3 days to create a project. but mostly it takes just 3 hours just to create tutorials, preview videos, promo stuff and submit the project. For this: http://videohive.net/item/corporate-3d-display-showcase/110135 I’ve spend just 2 and a half days.

by
by
by
by
by
by