5 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Indonesia
dierka says

Hi everyone,

I kinda curious, what kind of forum engine does this site (Themeforest) used. Does anyone know? Right now I am currently on project that needs integration of forum engine with CMS (Wordpress), and because I was a long time watcher (although this my my first thread… :P ) of this site I really interested to have a forum like this too. :)

2445 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
digitalimpact says

It’s custom built with RoR as far as I know…

951 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
Daan says

Not sure about the rails part, but I know it’s been built with Ruby :)

1182 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 1+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
campolar says

Try using a lightweight forum engine to integrate, something like punbb: http://punbb.informer.com/

5 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Indonesia
dierka says
Whoa, actually at first I think it may used some forum engine available out there and modified is some way. Haha, I am not familiar with RoR, never coding with it, but surely will look into it. :)

@campolar: I have looked into punbb, it seems that it has similarity with simple-press which is plugin for Wordpress. But I wonder which is better…

I think I will use bbpress with this, because when I looked to the documentation it said that it can be easily combined with Wordpress. But I think I need some advise before proceed to the next step, is it better to use outside forum engine (bbpress, punbb, etc) or the built-in forum engine which available as plugin for Wordpress (simple-press)?

by
by
by
by
by
by