1036 posts Massfocus
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
Massfocus says

Don’t know if this is reported yet, forgive my negligence if so but this is seriously the biggest flaw i have ever encountered since i am a member of Envato.

I don’t know how to exactly replicate it but maybe that you developers out there might figure it out, so this is whats happening;

When i enter someones profile page for the very first time and click on ’’view portfolio’’ with my middle mouse button for example the new tab opens with a ’’loop’’ i could see ’’callback’’ in the address bar for a moment if i remember correctly – and then it goes to the home-screen of that specific marketplace the author is active on.

So i am a buyer and i want to view some author’s portfolio because i liked a certain file of his, i am definitely purchasing something off this guy, even the file i liked or some other file in his portfolio. Now i enter his profile and click on view portfolio and boom, i’m back on the homepage and i forgot this authors name because i got enough on my mind and i have no time to search for that specific item once again, sale = lost? Tell me this is a issue only i have and it’s not something global!?

Btw, i have experienced this bug a couple times before the last couple of days, but i seriously just thought it was me so i didn’t report it then =.= Don’t know how long this is going on.

ps: i had this both on Firefox and Chrome.

pss: Okay i managed to replicate it a bunch of time with my other account couple minutes ago it only occurred when i opened someone’s specific marketplace portfolio in a new tab from within his profile, but since a minute or so i cant anymore so i’m guessing its either fixed or i just can’t replicate the issue anymore.

42 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+4 more
nozza Envato team says

Hey Massfocus,

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention. I’ve gathered all the other support ninjas and we couldn’t replicate the bug that you outlined.

Would you be able to put in a ticket with the screen shots (assuming you can replicate the issues again).

Once you’ve put in the ticket, can you post the ticket ref and I’ll pass it onto the right team.

Thanks again :D

1036 posts Massfocus
+7 more
Massfocus says
http://activeden.net/sso/callback?token=eOZ9tPNfBZjWynF-iluJg3Zlj4KrXo7jdcoPjMceA-o2oKsk5bNn-s0LRwT6sAC6 This is what i am getting, it’s still there. It happens when i enter a portfolio of someone i never visited before, with this and my other account on both browsers. On multiple marketplaces.

Please note though, it only happens when i open the portfolio on a new tab for some vague reason, it’s just the way i browse so i guess that’s why i noticed?

Anyway, this is all i can show since don’t know what you want me to screenshot here.

I might throw throw out a video instead, guess that’s the only way to really show you.

51 posts Envato Studio Liaison
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
blimpage Envato team says

Thanks! Are you able to link us to the profile page of the author whose portfolio you’re trying to view?

1036 posts Massfocus
+7 more
Massfocus says

Thanks! Are you able to link us to the profile page of the author whose portfolio you’re trying to view?

I seriously have this just randomly, the thing is once it happens once and i try to do it again with the same author everything works just fine, i just made a screencapture where i replicated it again, will upload it and send you folks the link asap.

+4 more

Alright, cheers! I’ll go poke the devs and see what they make of this.

1558 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
AndrVlad says

Same issue here!

I was trying to randomly see some authors profiles and then go to their portfolios from other markets and it goes to home page one time. I can’t reproduce but there is sequence from the visited page histrory stored when I came to Astoundify’s profile http://videohive.net/user/Astoundify and opened his portfolio on the new tab I came to http://themeforest.net/sso/callback?token=TZE-L2oVtUCT3gPItt6GPYZ6TBkXDfHswtdB0Kzav79xXXDpOHLUkqN5BYRd4r_8 Same as Massfocus said if I go to the same profile again everything works fine.

Best Regards, Andrey

1036 posts Massfocus
+7 more
Massfocus says

Screen cast sent #WDP-454-18893

+4 more

Awesome! I’ll check it out and send you a reply in the support ticket.

AndrVlad, thanks for letting us know that you’re seeing this too!

1036 posts Massfocus
+7 more
Massfocus says

I wish i had the patience to replicate it a bunch more on other browsers for you folks, i have a feeling that one 15 second screen cast wont do much good but anyway .. hope you can get to the bottom of it. Seemed totally random at times. Good luck fixing it I’m off to sleep, this all nighter went on for a tad too long :P

by
by
by
by
by
by