1514 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
Anps says

Want to get some feedback, what do you think guys?

332 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dekciw says

none.

484 posts (-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
Themewaves says

Kinda same. I think bootstrap is better than foundation.

197 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
JOGJAfile says

Kinda same. I think bootstrap is better than foundation.

+1, yes me too !!!

382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

They’re fairly different IMO but can look the same to the unfamiliar. If they were more alike they’d be easier to compare. LOL. Anyway, Bootstrap has a larger community / ecosystem behind it. There seem to be more examples, docs and tools for it as well.

However, you may prefer Zurb’s offering if you’re more of SASS fan then a LESS one and happen to consider a 12 column grid to be too limiting. Foundation v5 allows for 16 columns. It’s MIT licensed rather than Apache like BS3. It’s Glyphicons in BS3 vs Zurb’s own icon font. These are the easy to spot differences.

I prefer BS3. I’m also much more familiar with LESS. Boostrap just gets used more it would seem and such things that get used more often evolve into more mature, reliable and time tested tools. I haven’t come across a good enough reason to switch yet but I’m having fun. That’s what it’s about, right (other than any obvious greed motives)?

There are also those who would say neither because building a (personal / closed) framework themselves eases their own development considerably which may outweigh whether the more undocumented / mysterious nature of their code makes it more difficult to for their customers to customize or not. While such private frameworks typically aren’t tested on the scale that either Bootstrap or Foundation are though, their authors can sometimes pull off quick miracles with them due to their intimate knowledge of their internals that they’ve accumulated over the year(s) it took to make them.

112 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
+3 more
ThemeChills says

Nice reply! Should be a politician :)

They’re fairly different IMO but can look the same to the unfamiliar. If they were more alike they’d be easier to compare. LOL. Anyway, Bootstrap has a larger community / ecosystem behind it. There seem to be more examples, docs and tools for it as well.

However, you may prefer Zurb’s offering if you’re more of SASS fan then a LESS one and happen to consider a 12 column grid to be too limiting. Foundation v5 allows for 16 columns. It’s MIT licensed rather than Apache like BS3. It’s Glyphicons in BS3 vs Zurb’s own icon font. These are the easy to spot differences.

I prefer BS3. I’m also much more familiar with LESS. Boostrap just gets used more it would seem and such things that get used more often evolve into more mature, reliable and time tested tools. I haven’t come across a good enough reason to switch yet but I’m having fun. That’s what it’s about, right (other than any obvious greed motives)?

There are also those who would say neither because building a (personal / closed) framework themselves eases their own development considerably which may outweigh whether the more undocumented / mysterious nature of their code makes it more difficult to for their customers to customize or not. While such private frameworks typically aren’t tested on the scale that either Bootstrap or Foundation are though, their authors can sometimes pull off quick miracles with them due to their intimate knowledge of their internals that they’ve accumulated over the year(s) it took to make them.
192 posts Quality Templates
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+3 more
ThemeRox says

Yes I also think bootstrap is better than foundation. :)

238 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
dmsumon says

bootstrap bootstrap and bootstrap ! :D

382 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in United States
WPWiseOwl says

Just noticed that BS3 is now available in a SASS version now too – http://blog.getbootstrap.com/2014/01/30/bootstrap-3-1-0-released/

It remains to be seen whether LESS and SASS will be both maintained going forward. I might just jump ship over to Zurb’s Foundation though if the LESS branch of Bootstrap was ever discontinued in favor of SASS.

894 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+5 more
infuse01 says

Well…you didn’t noticed UIKit I guess? :D

by
by
by
by