159 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
+7 more
retinalsin says

Envato must do something better than before. We have a big problems with quality, upload limit, forum posts, copyright violations, need for reviewers and alot..

and also I think that in general,there is a very big decrease in sales, quality especially on GR. Authors should be more encouraged for the revitalization of the other categories.

Sorry for bad english ;)

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
MarHen says

...we are a growing market and it’s quite difficult to know every single file present in the marketplace.
Almost the entire range of graphicriver items (particularly the flyer section) is offered for free download on the well known giraffe sites, so probably only the masses counts for Envato. Meaning one customer on an item is better than no customer, no matters if that customer is always the same one who offered it after the purchase for free on the giraffe sites and counts more money for downloads and premium accounts sales than he spend on the item purchase.
1034 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
mudi says

I also didn’t uploaded some of my best work because I am afraid that other will copy. And work before was copied alot of time here.

157 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
Elicabe says

yeah, same here!

926 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
joiaco says

+1 Giallo. I’ve only been a member here for just over one year but since the Logo category opened there was a massive change in quality and quantity. Maybe that, combined with the economic downturn, triggered a kind of Gold Rush mentality where the word got around how easy it was to make big bucks from ‘quickly made little pieces of design’. One can make 20 and submit 20 in a day, and even if ten get accepted and 1 sells, it’s attractive. Everybody has got in on the money making Envato Act now, inside and outside Envato. We can’t hide from the fact that there is never any honor among thieves, whatever level they operate at.

104 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
yaniv-k says

I agree with you guys…....I think envato needs to hire some reviewers/inspectors, to keep quality and originality in the marketplace, because the Archive of the print template becomes poor, and its bad for all of us, reputation will go down. in some cases when you buy a flyer….” you buy them all”....if you know what I mean

951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

Thanks, is nice to see I’m not completely crazy yet.

...only the masses counts for Envato. Meaning one customer on an item is better than no customer…

This is the sad main point, but Envato must understand that there are buyers who really don’t care about these warez websites, and prefer to spend 3-4$ to have a safe, supported item. The majority of buyers understands a lot about good design (was not my opinion at the beginning) but you need to offer them a service wich is superior to a free one if you want them to stay and continue buying.

If you keep the market smaller, with less files, you’ll handle it easier and you will give a total other impression to new customers.

And by the way with all these nerds around I can’t believe there’s still not a way to take down these warez!

Now haters gonna hate: I don’t see why we can’t be dishonest with warez websites and hire 10 hackers to put all these websites down. I’d be willing to pay. Ask 5$ to each marketplace user, with 2M users, and hire somebody to take care of this cancer. We can also find a way to encrypt our files.

The warez websites are the cause of all that but who are us? the Idiots who work for free?? We just stay here and wait for everything dying?

We’re 2 millions, they’re alone. They’re not a company neither a community, they’re just single ones (or maybe max 2 persons) They’re just alone, many people alone stealing again and again. Take them down one by one, remember Envato you’re an institution, you have a community of 2 millions people that move millions $, you can start to have a political influence in the web.

Hire somebody with our money, we’ll be glad to pay a small fee to help you.

Envato, you teached us everything about webdesign, digital art, developing, and now you give us the chance to sell our knowledge through these marketplaces. You’ve vision of the future like anybody else around in this field, show us something please we trust in you. Give us a solution :)

(opening a forum only for authors can be a nice start so we can avoid to discuss these type of things publicly)

850 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+3 more
chrisatlemon says

Hmmm, I think there are still a lot of great items offered here, but yes, some categories do suffer especially the logos (if I see another lightbulb with the word “idea” attached to it I’m going to slap someone) and the party flyers…

All the other problems I basically think come down to one thing: it seems to me like Envato is dramatically understaffed. I don’t think it’s that they don’t care, they just don’t have time.

That is really quite surprising when you think that the commission rate for the greatest amount of authors is around the 50% mark.

Now I work in a business which has a lot of similarities to Envato in that we provide the platform and our affiliates/partners provide the work. However we pay out to our partners between 95% and 99% – and that seems to be the going rate in other industries sectors, too.

Seems to me like only artists are dumb enough to believe that 50% is a fair rate … And it’s surprising that at that rate Envato have difficulties staffing their business to cater for both partners and customers.

Now I can live with most shortcomings here at Envato and I can truly appreciate all the advantages, basically because this is a hobby gig for me. But honestly, I wouldn’t want to have to rely on it to pay the rent … and I’m not saying that cause of the money, saying it because it seems utterly impossible to get any sort of reaction from anyone on anything. Eight days ago I asked for a support request to be forwarded to a particular reviewer … It was finally done today ….

And it would be nice if there was a way to get some sort of reaction to some of the more pressing themes. Honestly I don’t think sending down KingDog with a friendly and appeasing message cuts it when it comes to the most pressing concerns like copyrights, piracy, and the fundamental workings of the marketplace.

Cheers

Chris

210 posts Make art not war!
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Honduras
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
EAMejia says

Totally agree with you Giallo!

I don’t like to do this, but … this is scary, can someone explain me this??: :shocked:

3197 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Hi Eduardo, if you believe there has been a copyright infringement, please be so kind to Contact Support as item links are not allowed in the forums. Thanks for your understanding.

by
by
by
by
by
by