226 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
chipree says

How about a free file section? where those who are willing to give away free templates, themes.. etc to show their skills and make a bigger portfolio but not necessarily sale… Free files are downloaded many many times if they are ThemeForest quality and the free files can give the author possible clients for their payed themes… Just a thought.. who’s with me? :)

174 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
nedalm1 says

Good idea. Something like Halloween vectors, icons, simple templates etc. It would be great for newbies in web development, but also for experienced ones. :)

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says

Maybe even to make small projects like Valentines day Free 404 pages or Christmas logo decorations.. maybe even full free themes… Something that will be downloaded many many times… more users will come this way to the market… and for all authors that equals more possible customers.

342 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
reidknorr says

You know that is a great idea, but keep in mind that many authors already do this and offer these files on their own websites. They can increase traffic, advertise their own themes, and bring in potential work. I just dont see many people giving away free stuff like that, unless they are doing it on their own websites. Just my opinion though. ;)

738 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Jar says

I don’t know if this would be a good idea. Then reviewers would have more of a load, and there wouldn’t be any direct benefits for it like buying templates.

271 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
KiaJavid says
I don’t know if this would be a good idea. Then reviewers would have more of a load, and there wouldn’t be any direct benefits for it like buying templates.

+1 well said

62 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
bthanki says

+1 on this.
There is already a free file of the month and Envato need a profit to survive as a business, if everyone just keeps downloading free templates then Envato will be no more. (Obviously a little dramatised there.)

226 posts
+2 more
chipree says

Now that I think about it,(and studied a little more).. and long story short I think the free file of the month is a much better idea.

by
by
by
by
by
by