• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Smartik says

But anyway, you are not getting anything for those downloads, so why monitoring them?
Wait… Envato doesn’t give the authors of free files anything to compensate? I thought they gave some type of bonus???
no, you just get 61646514 comments of “how to install this” :D

And after this, you get the same number of war*z links.

61 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
Creative-Medias says

People like freebies. I’ve had a free file of the month on another site and it was downloaded 7300 times during that time, while in the 5 months prior to that it was downloaded only 29 times.
Wow 7300 downloads… did you received mails? we frequently have emails about customization (lots of AE beginners on videohive) and other stuff… I cannot imagine my mailbox :D
213 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
themelux says

But anyway, you are not getting anything for those downloads, so why monitoring them?
Wait… Envato doesn’t give the authors of free files anything to compensate? I thought they gave some type of bonus???

Wow… They should do something to give back to the author somehow even if it’s not money. Because that seems like a lot of work supporting users for downloading your items free.

3202 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

Wow… They should do something to give back to the author somehow even if it’s not money. Because that seems like a lot of work supporting users for downloading your items free.

if they download it for free they dont get a buyers badge(like when purchased) also supports not required

plus authors submit there files to be for free, theres a form floating around somewhere

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

FFOM items are submitted voluntarily by authors and a few reasons why authors volunteer their items is the additional exposure the rest of their portfolio and personal brand receives, among other things. It’s a great exposure/marketing tool. :)

5766 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

People like freebies. I’ve had a free file of the month on another site and it was downloaded 7300 times during that time, while in the 5 months prior to that it was downloaded only 29 times. But anyway, you are not getting anything for those downloads, so why monitoring them?

haha, we can not understand anything from those who downloads free stuff. 90% of them are downloading just to download, nothing more than that. :D

1736 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
gbs says

haha, we can not understand anything from those who downloads free stuff. 90% of them are downloading just to download, nothing more than that. :D

Yeah. Sometimes people download a free stuff just because it’s downloadable now and if not download it now they may forget and miss it in the future :D.

403 posts Keep Walking
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
UXbarn says

People like freebies. I’ve had a free file of the month on another site and it was downloaded 7300 times during that time, while in the 5 months prior to that it was downloaded only 29 times. But anyway, you are not getting anything for those downloads, so why monitoring them?

Yeah, sometimes I’m one of those people. :bashful:

by
by
by
by
by
by