• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says

Hello there Themeforest!

Sometimes when I’m browsing the homepage, I see a really cool theme preview, but when I click it, it seems to be a PSD template where I wanted it to be a WordPress template. I like the solve some people have, to in the thumbnail, include a little icon, to show whether it’s a PSD , WP, xHTML&CSS, or whatever.

However, this takes time, and of course you want to upload your theme as soon as possible.

So with that said (sorry for the long text, lol) I’d like to say I created a little PSD file containing icons for CSS , Wordpress and PSD templates, all in 3 sizes. You can use these on top of your thumbnails, and maybe TF would even implement a little thing that it’s done automatically (that would be nice)

All images are in Black and White, or in Black with a transparent background, so you can apply effects (gradient overlays, colour overlays, etc) to make them fit.

the file can be downloaded here

Update: - a little Layer Preview: Preview

- The file also contains the saved Paths from the PSD and Wordpress Icons.

- Updated Link

Cheers!

44 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
twoaz1 says

Wow Daan, that’s a super idea. I can certainly understand what you are saying about making the thumbnails clear as to what they are. I have seen people do that here on TF, but I am guilty of not doing so. I will certainly rethink the thumb designs based on your point.

Also, it is very generous of you to create icons! Nice work!

Chris

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
Daan says

You’re welcome :D I’ve been having a designers block today, and I was a little bored, so I thought to do something for the community :)

Thanks ;)

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
Daan says

Update: Download the new file here It now includes a Blogger icon.

I’m thinking about Joomla though, should I do it or not? because when I keep the same style (B&W and Transparent) it’s hard to do the 4 colours afterwards, and when I add these 4 colours, I won’t keep the style :P

by
by
by
by
by
by