204 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
parajuli says

I really want to design a tee so if anyone like me to do so please contact me. All I just want is to wear a piece of my design. Cheers! Email me at kshitij [at] jagaparajuli.com.np

1599 posts Chris Robinson
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
contempoinc says

If ya just want to design your own “one off” and wear it, for a relatively decent price check out CafePress:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/?id=5

2201 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
ArikB says

Or try a site like a threadless. If it gets on there, then it will be worn by a lot of people AND you still get 2000 dollars.

19 posts
+3 more
AlexBeltechi says

Threadless is a great site, but it’s so flooded, it’s hard to even think your own design might get printed. I’ve seen mindblowing designs on the waiting list for over a year without being printed. Try Design By Humans, where I’d say you stand a better chance. But if you like designing shirts, you really ought to try something like that out. I had an honest go at it in december 2008. It was printed in recently and selected as shirt of the week. that’s $1500 cash and 250 store credit, so well worth it for only about 7 hours of work. :)

204 posts
+1 more
parajuli says

Haha! I will try both of those. I want to see some T-Shirts with ‘ENVATO’ or ‘Graphic River’ in it! :) which can be bought from here itself (by here I mean here!!)

2201 posts
+4 more
ArikB says
Threadless is a great site, but it’s so flooded, it’s hard to even think your own design might get printed. I’ve seen mindblowing designs on the waiting list for over a year without being printed. Try Design By Humans, where I’d say you stand a better chance. But if you like designing shirts, you really ought to try something like that out. I had an honest go at it in december 2008. It was printed in recently and selected as shirt of the week. that’s $1500 cash and 250 store credit, so well worth it for only about 7 hours of work. :)

Hmm that is actually quite interesting. I never knew there was a huge waiting list. I just figured you had to get voted in. The reason why design by humans turned me off is because you need to win something in order to actually get paid, where as with threadless you had to pass voting. Do you happen to know whether or not you receive the money on threadless even if the design is only on the waiting list?

204 posts
+1 more
parajuli says
Hmm that is actually quite interesting. I never knew there was a huge waiting list. I just figured you had to get voted in. The reason why design by humans turned me off is because you need to win something in order to actually get paid, where as with threadless you had to pass voting. Do you happen to know whether or not you receive the money on threadless even if the design is only on the waiting list?

I registered there and was trying to find out how much % you get on every sale lol

2201 posts
+4 more
ArikB says

You don’t get a percentage. You get 2000 cash, 500 dollars worth of tees you can buy (or trade that for 200 cash) and you get 500 dollars for every reprint.

19 posts
+3 more
AlexBeltechi says

Hi guys. Well threadless has a well defined voting system, but it goes just as DBH . There is no guarantee that it will ever be printed. The voting system is just for the Threadless staff to know what people think about it. The DBH version is just more basic, but same in concept.

So, don’t count on this for a stable flow of income. It won’t happen. You can do it occasionally, but even DBH has a lot of great designs with lots of votes that have not been printed yet, and there is no guarantee they will ever be. If DBH decides to archive your voted design, it means you can kiss it goodbye :)

97 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
magillu says

Threadless is a great place to get feedback and to browse for tee trends but it is not the ideal place to sell anything because of the system they use. Like everyone said, you are not guaranteed to even have your shirt printed BUT if it were me I would post my design idea there and see what people tell me. You won’t find a broader and simpler way of fishing for tips and what people generally like to see on attire than there and it’s free so. :)

They probably print less than 5% of the tees uploaded on the site for voting. The system is flooded with entires, some good most bad. When you get a better idea of what to print on a tee, I would say to print it yourself and sell them based on demand from your own site you can advertise anywhere you want.

by
by
by
by
by
by