• Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+1 more
FlatlineRo says

I’ve also made a logo for around 70 bucks, the owner was alright but he requested me to sign a contract of assignment of copyright from which I had to pay taxes of 16% :)

415 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+2 more
nCrafts says

I think fiverr really has caused some skewed expectations frankly
I’ve seen Fiverr proposes that can’t fit the profit, not even if the person is living on the cheapest part of the universe. Astonishing people there, btw. Worths a visit.

Actually, there are many countries where you can live better off than an average citizen, solely on income from Fiverr.

5541 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ Just wondering exactly what countries :D

To get $500, it will require 100 different works to be completed. Transaction fees, time spent on communication – all of these can work for an hobbiest but surely not suitable for a steady business in any country I knew so far.

415 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
+2 more
nCrafts says

I haven’t been to Fivrr but I am guessing that one can complete at least 4 tasks in a given day. $5 * 4 tasks * 22 days * 55 (USD to INR) = 24,200 a month. After expenses, say Rs. 21,000 a month. I know a lot of people in IT who work for that much. And it’s twice the per capita income.

Also, if I assume that one can complete 5 tasks in a day, well, congratulations, one can earn as much as a fresher working with the largest IT company in India.

653 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Romania
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
snkart says

No offense but $70 or $2-$5 for unique logo is equally funny. Not long ago there was a thread where fellow authors was competing for I think was $40 unique logo. Keep it up fellas soon you will make logos for$0.50 :D

None taken. The point is i asked for 70$ because i wasn’t sure how much i must charge for a logo.

40 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • New Zealand
orbitalplugins says

I never go on Fiverr and can’t remember where I heard this, so take my comment with a grain of salt but I remember reading that lots of people doing logos on Fiverr were just using templates.

653 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
snkart says

I see many of you talking about Fiverr. Is this site worth trying? I mean how often did you got screwed on this site?

8107 posts Community Moderator
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Moderator
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Won a Competition
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
+4 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

Either its Web Design or Graphic Design or Logo Design from time to time you receive a message or two from “smart” people asking “smart” requests. I will share one with you that stunned me ( not really…but it made me laugh till i cried): someone contacted me and asked for a logo. I said ok what’s it about? He said: something simple “no bling blings” and then asked for how much i will make the logo. I sent him my price ( i said 70$ i know it isn’t too much ) and then he said ” whaaat? i was thinking about 2-5 $. :shocked:

What do you think? :))

Please share your funny encounters with the “smart and creative people” :)

haha, that would have made me cry too lol, I feel ya, we’ve all been there :(

5541 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

@nCrafts, theoretically I can reach mars by next month! I used to take projects from Elance where projects of $50 ~ 500 were possible to complete within 2-5 days, some of those where possible to complete even in 3-4 hours. I (and few of my friends) felt even that was horrible because the time it requires to consistently maintain the work flow. I guess in Fivrr, even 50 successful work completion in a month would be an achievement – unless there is repeat work from same client. Btw, I never imagined something like Fivrr would happen! :D

1186 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
Pricop says

I see many of you talking about Fiverr. Is this site worth trying? I mean how often did you got screwed on this site?

It’s quite hard to get screwed on Fiverr, it’s easy to screw your customers tho.

by
by
by
by
by
by