• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I received this freelance request 3 years back from a buyer who purchased my Flash component. I don’t do freelance works here still I replied to the questions:

Buyer: I need the exact copy of your plugin
Me: As you purchased the item, you already have it within source package
Buyer: No, I need another but same like yours
Me: What?
Buyer: Another copy with following features added. I will pay for that
Me: I don’t need payment but I can help. Here I attached a version with those requested additions.
Buyer: This is your version. I need my own version.
Me: .... (slient – never replied back)

Few months later, the buyer uploaded a rip off of my item. By searching buyer’s user name on google, just found even that rip-off (alteration) was done using another developer through a freelance website :D

469 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
LuisFaus says

I think its worst to hear from a client while you are in the middle of the project of a book brochure of 250 pages long ” I don’t like the colors, neither the colors in the photos, they look completely wrong, change them”

This went on for few weeks, until I gave up and went with a laptop up to the client and sat with him to change all the bloody colors in front of him.

On the first 3 minutes of sitting with him I discovered something really unexpected and extremely maddening which almost made me choking him dead. He picked from the color palette a Red color and he told me; “Here, see?! this is the green color that I want!!”

He was bloody colorblind…

5544 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ Wow, color blindness! May be that’s why some of the sites have unbelievable colors :D

153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
wpminima says

I just now got an e-mail stating that he wanted some alterations done to our template. I kindly asked him to e-mail me his purchase code.

He replied saying that the world is an expensive place and that he already put alot of money into hosting and domain. He wanted me to give the theme free plus some minor changes he wanted done..

what? :D

660 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Romania
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
snkart says

I think its worst to hear from a client while you are in the middle of the project of a book brochure of 250 pages long ” I don’t like the colors, neither the colors in the photos, they look completely wrong, change them”

This went on for few weeks, until I gave up and went with a laptop up to the client and sat with him to change all the bloody colors in front of him.

On the first 3 minutes of sitting with him I discovered something really unexpected and extremely maddening which almost made me choking him dead. He picked from the color palette a Red color and he told me; “Here, see?! this is the green color that I want!!”

He was bloody colorblind…

Funny client is funny :):):)

You know the best part in freelancing? If the client pisses you off, you can curse him directly however you want and look! you don’t get fired!

LOL :)

by
by
by
by
by
by