• Community Moderator
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Hey guys!

You must all know it – suddenly, you’ve got a huge gap in the amount of things you have to do. For me, this occurs now that I’ve finished highschool and am on a 3 month break before university.

I’ve decided I could get a tad more work done around here, or anywhere for that matter. After some hard thinking, I couldn’t squeeze out a creative item to create for the marketplace (I guess inspiration cannot be found, but has to find you), so I decided I’d go looking for some custom freelance jobs.

I was looking for something to do around the Item Requests pages on the ActiveDen and CodeCanyon forums, but didn’t come across anything that wasn’t already taken and within my capabilities. So I was wondering.. do you guys have any tips for places to get custom work from? Anything webrelated generally goes – PHP , Javascript, Flash, etc.

All tips and suggestions are welcome!

554 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
Shaktal says

You tried FreelanceSwitch? That often has some good freelance jobs available.

Also, if you have any really good work, try uploading it to Creattica, sometimes people will see your work there are think: “Wow, I’d like something like this”, and will e-mail you. :)

Good luck! :)
Thomas

4335 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

Also, if you have any really good work, try uploading it to Creattica, sometimes people will see your work there are think: “Wow, I’d like something like this”, and will e-mail you. :)

Thomas

+1 FreelanceSwitch is really good :)

2322 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

The first and important thing that you have to have is a personal website(with ofcourse some info on it, and not just an underconstruction text/images(like Jarel :P)), about 90% of the freelancer work that i get is true my website.

The second thing that you can do is to look on jobboards.

767 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
outandouter says

Thomas

Creattica seems pretty nice. Can I upload the stuff here on Activeden as an exclusive author, to Creattica? I am not selling anything on Creattica but just showcasing. What do you say?

554 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Shaktal says
Creattica seems pretty nice. Can I upload the stuff here on Activeden as an exclusive author, to Creattica? I am not selling anything on Creattica but just showcasing. What do you say?

If they have a category for it then it’s fine. Some of the stuff that they have on Creattica is from the marketplaces. I have a business card there which I am selling here on the marketplace.

Bear in mind they are looking for exceptional products though, a lot of people upload items, a lot of them get rejected, and that’s not because they’re not good either!

I’ve not got time to look at your portfolio at the moment, but if you do decide to upload, good luck!! :)

Creattica is really a great site for designers and developers alike. Envato have got such an amazing network of sites, I’d love to know who comes up with the ideas for them. :)

Good luck!
Thomas

767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
outandouter says

If they have a category for it then it’s fine. Some of the stuff that they have on Creattica is from the marketplaces. I have a business card there which I am selling here on the marketplace.

Bear in mind they are looking for exceptional products though, a lot of people upload items, a lot of them get rejected, and that’s not because they’re not good either!

I’ve not got time to look at your portfolio at the moment, but if you do decide to upload, good luck!! :)

Creattica is really a great site for designers and developers alike. Envato have got such an amazing network of sites, I’d love to know who comes up with the ideas for them. :)

Good luck!
Thomas

That was helpful! Thanks!

2322 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
CreativeMilk says

Yes, even good work can be rejected

554 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Shaktal says
That was helpful! Thanks!

No Problem, any time! :)

767 posts
  • Exclusive Author
outandouter says

Also, I see that FreelanceSwitch needs a monthly paid subscription to apply on freelance jobs. That is fine with me but can’t they accept any other payment method except paypal?

by
by
by
by
by
by