3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

The thing with FreelanceSwitch is, although it’s great, that the jobs posted are often really big jobs or requests to join a team and work with them on some sort of contracted basis – I’m looking for something more casual I guess.

Creattica seems really great, although it’s mostly focused at graphical work (whereas the coding side to PHP / JS etc is more my thing) ;)

Regarding the personal website.. Yeah, I guess I’ll have to look into that on a more serious note! It’s time to get me some webhosting :)

715 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
majd_abdul says

Hey Joost,

You said you got about 3 months before Uni, why not try to create a game and publish it with ads or whatever on Flash portals?

On one hand you don’t get into a legal involvement with an “official” job, and on the other hand you could pull off a really cool casual game in 3 months time. Could make you some money too with a sponsor.

You could find sponsors here: http://www.flashgamelicense.com/developer_home.php

510 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
pxt says

I am also interested in this. Outside of the Marketplaces I don’t get much freelance work and my holidays are also coming up so it would be great to do some jobs and fill up the jar. :) Any suggestions about what people did when they first started out?

1081 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
+9 more
damojo says
Hey guys!

You must all know it – suddenly, you’ve got a huge gap in the amount of things you have to do. For me, this occurs now that I’ve finished highschool and am on a 3 month break before university.

I’ve decided I could get a tad more work done around here, or anywhere for that matter. After some hard thinking, I couldn’t squeeze out a creative item to create for the marketplace (I guess inspiration cannot be found, but has to find you), so I decided I’d go looking for some custom freelance jobs.

I was looking for something to do around the Item Requests pages on the ActiveDen and CodeCanyon forums, but didn’t come across anything that wasn’t already taken and within my capabilities. So I was wondering.. do you guys have any tips for places to get custom work from? Anything webrelated generally goes – PHP , Javascript, Flash, etc.

All tips and suggestions are welcome!

I’m getting quite a few item customization requests which I cannot take right now due to big projects. I could send some of this your way if you are interested :)

510 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
pxt says
Hey guys!

You must all know it – suddenly, you’ve got a huge gap in the amount of things you have to do. For me, this occurs now that I’ve finished highschool and am on a 3 month break before university.

I’ve decided I could get a tad more work done around here, or anywhere for that matter. After some hard thinking, I couldn’t squeeze out a creative item to create for the marketplace (I guess inspiration cannot be found, but has to find you), so I decided I’d go looking for some custom freelance jobs.

I was looking for something to do around the Item Requests pages on the ActiveDen and CodeCanyon forums, but didn’t come across anything that wasn’t already taken and within my capabilities. So I was wondering.. do you guys have any tips for places to get custom work from? Anything webrelated generally goes – PHP , Javascript, Flash, etc.

All tips and suggestions are welcome!
I’m getting quite a few item customization requests which I cannot take right now due to big projects. I could send some of this your way if you are interested :)

I am interested. I’ve sent you a message. :)

158 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
furto says

Also if your pro at making flash games you could try http://www.kongregate.com/ which is by far my fav flash game site.

2217 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

I don’t know how, or maybe I do, but I’d recommend you to keep demonstrating your working, implementation and laboral skills, and your mail-inbox will saturate.

I am curently off creating items for the marketplaces, as I am enjoying every second of freelance work I do to particularly great clients.

Good luck ;)
Chris

3701 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says
Also if your pro at making flash games you could try http://www.kongregate.com/ which is by far my fav flash game site.

@furto and @majd_abdul Perhaps throwing myself in the deep regarding games could be fun, yeah. Kongregate has always been really nice to me, and a few weeks ago I also published some of the games I have here over there (I know, I know, nowhere near as good as the average game over there) and they made me a few bucks in Ad revenue.

I’ll look into it!

@damojo I’ve sent you an e-mail :)

183 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in South Africa
modernworldweb says

try www.scriptlance.com

456 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
godonholiday says

Why not create some tutorials for nettuts+ they pay well and you will be giving back to the community.

If you dont like writing then record one? Dont worry about your English (I know some people do) if you demon straight everything then we can get something out of it :-)

Just an idea

by
by
by
by
by
by