21 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
policromatico says

How much can cost a normal xhtml template, an easy one, made in something like 3 days (one for designing on photoshop or illustrator, two for cutting images and writing the code) ? And what about if it’s a complete static site, with the same template (3 days done) but working in a 5 pages website? No hard vectoral images or difficoult photographs.. just something quite easy to do, but well-done obviously..

I’m just working out my prices’ list for the costumers and I need some help.. :)

22 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
bocaj says

£250+ give or take, depending on the brief, criteria etc.

It depends on the definition of basic really, tighter deadlines push costs up (as stronger coffee for those late late nights, does cost considerably more :p).

If you working out how much your going to charge people, you have to take alot more things into account, some people will charge more because they have to, others will charge less because they can.

Alot of sites, like the css ninja one charge about $100 per different page layout, and i don’t know how much they charge for design. But they’re premium services, aimed more at studio’s and companies who need to free up time to work on the back end or w.e

33 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
dotsona says

Best thing to do is just give yourself an hourly rate, you don’t even have to tell the client. What I do is just guess on how long it will take me and multiply it by my hourly rate (since most clients seem to not like the idea of an hourly rate anyway)

145 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
JJenZz says

I do the same as dotsona… I quote a fixed fee based on a £35p/h rate. If they change their requirements, the fixed fee increases obviously.

by
by
by
by
by
by