6 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
betamedia says

Hi to all! I would like to see how do u freelancers find your projects? Where is the best place that a freelancer should look for some work?

I use GetAFreelancer, and EUfreelancer. First one is ok, but second one still needs that boom…

698 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

My projects find me ;) haha. And I’m very thankful for that. Thanks Mr. Project.

Once You build Your reputation as a good designer/developer, whatever, people come to You, You don’t even have to search. This process takes about a year or two, in my case, but that depends on how good You are.

21 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
fuski says

I’m pretty much in the same situation as segen, where most of my clients come to me.

I would personally avoid sites where you have to bid for work as your be lucky to scratch a living from them! If you do want to look for work try a job board such as the freelanceswitch board as you should find that the pay and work is of a higher/better quality than bidding sites.

Also, I would focus on getting the very best of your work out there for everyone to see. An online portfolio (if you haven’t already?) with maybe a blog to help promote yourself is a good place to start and then with abit of patience… one day you will be turning work away.

Don’t give up!

6 posts
betamedia says

Well I can’t say that you guys are wrong. Thanks u’ve been helpful. Do you all have full time jobs or freelancing is your primary occupation?

I myself work part time but hoping to be a full time freelancer soon. Any suggestions on that, how to start and so…?

208 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
AdrianMG says

I spend last years searching freelance works without results… But since i have started my own blog www.yensdesign.com and upload some items to themeforest I have received lot of porpositions… but now i don’t have time for that lol… :D

529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Forum Moderator
+5 more
AmandaHackwith Staff says

I’ll second the FreelanceSwitch board. I’ve gotten some good prospects there. Actually, FS had an article on job sources.

You’ll find a variety there, but it’s a place to start. Word of mouth is always the best source.

1561 posts Chris Robinson
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
contempoinc says

I’m in the same boat as Segan, and Fuski once you build a solid reputation clients will be contacting you. All of the work I’ve done has been from word of mouth. What’s nice too is I have a F/T job so the freelance work is just supplemental and allows me to be more picky with the jobs I take on.

I was a F/T freelancer for about two years and just got tired of chasing down money from clients, worrying if I was going to make the bills. Although it was nice being my own boss, making my own hours, etc…holding a F/T position guarantees you a paycheck, health benefits, 401k, pension, etc…

I don’t think I’ll ever go back F/T as a freelancer, it’s nice having the balance and security.

21 posts
policromatico says
Although it was nice being my own boss, making my own hours, etc..
This is actually the best thing.. it’s the target i pursue: to survive without any boss or hours.. is it possible to do it for all the life, in your opinion?
698 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Croatia
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
segen says

YES !

128 posts
  • Belgium
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
GeertDD says
I would like to see how do u freelancers find your projects?

I think it is mainly a matter of getting yourself out there, via a blog, via ThemeForest, via whatever channel. Show off your work, you need a portfolio. People want to see your creations, then they’ll come to you way more easily.

by
by
by
by
by
by