535 posts
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
seifip says

I would suggest using Flash… most graphics use Illustrator but Flash as powerful and easier. Check out vectorkid’s site&books – he’s one of the best Flash illustrators and one of the first to promote Flash as a graphic editor possible to beat Illustrator

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

You need more than a tool to make beautiful things.

You can have all the software in the world… but the most important thing is to have talent and drawing skills.

ps: i use only flash for vector illustrations

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says
I would suggest using Flash… most graphics use Illustrator but Flash as powerful and easier. Check out vectorkid’s site&books – he’s one of the best Flash illustrators and one of the first to promote Flash as a graphic editor possible to beat Illustrator

things which you can made in flash in 10 days can be made in illustrator in 1 day because illustrator is specifically for that purpose flash is not specifically for that purpose.

Can you apply text to a path in flash? Answer: No

3069 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says
Can you apply text to a path in flash? Answer: No

It’s clear that there are major diferences between flash & illustrator… but sometimes it depends what fits you better to make stuff work… If i need text effects maybe i will use illustrator… but for other works i prefer flash.

535 posts
seifip says

2wickedpixel: same here…

101 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
nellie says

If you have Flash and Illustrator CS3 they work great together. Adobe Illustrator is what professional vector illustrators use :)

3402 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
+1 more
bobocel says
If you have Flash and Illustrator CS3 they work great together. Adobe Illustrator is what professional vector illustrators use :)

Yup, agreed. Use Illustrator, not anything else. I’m not talking about a square with a gradient that you can do in Flash when you work with Flash – I’m talking about those animations that just get you. All those are done in Illustrator.

Don’t even start if you don’t have drawing skills. I don’t have. :(

932 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
JWG says

Yeah, all the vector graphics i make are in Illustrator. The only graphics I make in flash are the easy less detailed ones. You can do more in Illustrator. And with CS3 you can import .ai and .psd into a .fla and convert objects into movieclips and export for AS in the 1st dialogue panel. Sooo easy! It’s awesome. I spend so much less time on set up using CS3 vs. CS2 . To download free trails of Adobe products go HERE and download all you want. You have full use of these programs for 30 days. After that, create a new email address and download again if you need to.

:) I try to make everything vector. Except pics ;)

461 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Solidbeats Reviewer says

tons of great tips. I guess i have to find “my way” beacuse there seems to be a lot of different ways to achive it. Same as in music, there’s no “right way” to do it.. that’s the thing. but now i got some guidelines and pointers and that was the whole idea with this post :)

P.s I have drawing skills, pretty good too. D.s

wish me luck people :)

132 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United States
EricTheRedd says

I use Illustrator.

Hey FlashJunkie, that’s pretty cool that you put together Neil Duerden’s site. I’m a fan of his work.

by
by
by
by
by
by