130 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • United Kingdom
deanb says

When I first found FD (last year) I clicked on the files from the front page and could not believe what a great website I had found. I spent lots of money buying the featured files, etc.

I think if I found this site today and clicked a handful of the files on the home page, I would hit the back button and return to google and continue searching for “flash files” as many files look like something you would of found a few years ago for free on flashkit.

I am not knocking newbies but by giving them premium space on your home page is not good for first time visitors. I am sure FD is growing at a pace and you are selling more files than last year. However as it grows so will newbies adding poor files.

I am convinced you would convert more first time visitors by setting the home page up with featured files or popular files as the initial files seen on the home page when not signed up (first time visitors).

Not trying to tell you guys how to suck eggs, just my opinion as a buyer who spent another 130 dollars this week (10 months on from joining, good job you had quality files on your home page when I first found you)

Keep up the great work

2671 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
Chuckanucka says

you might want to take a look at the thread called Pre loaders….......ENOUGH ALREADY !!!!! some good discussion there.

I like you idea of having the popular files as the default tab, makes sense to show off your best files.

1549 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
dSKY says

yes, it seems that flashDen is becoming more like flashKit ….

5751 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says
I think if I found this site today and clicked a handful of the files on the home page, I would hit the back button and return to google and continue searching for “flash files” as many files look like something you would of found a few years ago for free on flashkit.

++;

903 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • United States
Flash_Cart says

Popular Files + Popular Authors on the homepage is a great way to display the communities strengths.

One other thing should be considered, having a longer list of Popular Files, Popular Authors using thumbnails.

Currently the Popular Files only shows about 20-30 thumbs.

Consider if there was a top 100 files for last week & last 3 months.

Much easier to sort out where the best files are.

925 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
michelsteege says

Popular files and authors showing is a good idea but on the other side, if you do that then it is (i think) way to hard to make a popular file because people find you files a lot harder when there new.

Now there is a lot of bad files on the homepage but also some good and the good files are selling great from the first day so i think this system works great :)

What i am trying to say is, if you show the popular files first then only that files wil sell really good on flashden and there is a much smaller change for others to become popular ;)

4498 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

The current format where new files show by default should remain as it’s been like this since the start of FlashDen so why change it if it works? It’s the only way to get exposure to new files so personally I think it should stay as it is now.

903 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • United States
Flash_Cart says

It would still be nice to see more thumbs of the popular items.

Though, obviously, with the growing number of members each day, the current system is noicely designed.

130 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United Kingdom
deanb says

My comment is really aimed at first timers viewing the site. Once logged in, every-time you visit the home page it would be as now, new files.

5751 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says
My comment is really aimed at first timers viewing the site. Once logged in, every-time you visit the home page it would be as now, new files.

Yes, if you note in the home page, there is not even the search field under open state (It is hidden behind the tabs however). Why not a default search field on homepage header!

by
by
by
by
by
by