5076 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Ok… so for a while, only the most recent upload for an author has been shown on the home page. It’s a bit annoying sometimes, but we can understand why.

In the case of the Cinema 4D section, it’s positively disadvantageous, because we don’t even have a full house on the front page.

Then today, I noticed three pieces of stock footage by the same author on the home page. Are the rules somehow different for stock footage? I would have thought that of all the categories, stock footage is likely to be the worst offender, in terms of a lot of similar material being uploaded simultaneously. Sometimes, it’s hard to know what’s going on.

By the way, what happened to video rollovers?

51 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
rover5 says

I guess the system has difficulties to handle the mass upload. The user with the three footage places on the front page got several hundred clips approved lately.

205 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
acuredreamgift says

I also saw project with image preview that features Angelina Jolie. I thought that we are not allowed to use pictures with “stars”. Or maybe I’m wrong. :)

855 posts Nicely done
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

I was wondering the same thing. I understand that customers can click the links above the thumbnails to sort projects from videos, but it doesn’t make sense to have the front page inundated with video clips from the same users. Might be an oversight?

338 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
vaynah says

I believe Envato are updating Ruby and bugs are to be expected. If this is a bug, I dunno

36 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
SpletNet says

I guess the system has difficulties to handle the mass upload. The user with the three footage places on the front page got several hundred clips approved lately.
First 25 pages of stock footage sorted by date, all by the same author… Wow!! :shocked: I feel so small…
117 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
fAntasticmE says

25 pages . he’s changing house obviously

232 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+8 more
AlexZlatev says

honestly i dont think that stock footage needs to be at front page at all , nobody will buy something from stock footage unless he needs it. I wont buy some bear if I see it i`ll buy it if I need it. And on the other side the AE Files , you need to browse until you find something that fit to your needs. Also I dont get why vidoehive dont feature authors that have been there. And 5 days the files were the same I uploaded 2 files with 3 days delay and they were 2day per files and again 5 days stock footage. These thoughts are just to make VH even better no ofence to noone !

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says

I see 3 billy on the front page :)

1613 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

honestly i dont think that stock footage needs to be at front page at all , nobody will buy something from stock footage unless he needs it. I wont buy some bear if I see it i`ll buy it if I need it. And on the other side the AE Files , you need to browse until you find something that fit to your needs. Also I dont get why vidoehive dont feature authors that have been there. And 5 days the files were the same I uploaded 2 files with 3 days delay and they were 2day per files and again 5 days stock footage. These thoughts are just to make VH even better no ofence to noone !

Completely Agree

by
by
by
by
by
by