773 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+4 more
GARRO says
Aw yeah, thanks. That extension doesn’t work with CS3 unless I did something wrong. :{

Dont really know… its says mx2004 and higher… I dont really use it myself, lol… i have it installed but never active…

I trust my fingers better…

3544 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

I save almost every minute too…but this time i written code over existing code :D oh .. and don’t let me start about Shift+Del on Windows :D

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
Aw yeah, thanks. That extension doesn’t work with CS3 unless I did something wrong. :{

It works on my CS3 … but it does not save the “enabled” state between sessions. The autosave panel is a great utility for forgetful people like me (yeah – I lost about 4 hours work just last week because I forgot to save while I was wrestling with a particularly devious problem :( ) but what dumbass came up with the brilliant idea of making it so you have to remember to open the panel and enable it every time you start Flash! ?? I just know I will forget to enable it one day and probably lose an entire day’s work in the warm and fuzzy belief that my work is being autosaved as I deliberately shun the Ctrl-S key. ;)

926 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+4 more
michelsteege says

Use classes :) and a subversion ;)

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LucidStudios says

why don’t use a professional solution?

I use svn for all of my projects this not only provides a sort of back-ups but also helps you deal with clients who say oh I think I needed this project in yesterday’s status so please discard todays progress :)

245 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
enhancedmedia says

i agree, i use TortoiseSVN all the time, it really tidies up the way in which you work and backup.

3544 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
KrownThemes says

oh..i just remembered that i moved my work into my xampp folder yesterday, so 90% of my work is saved :D horray =))
But i am really interested that ‘svn’ thing .. so in short terms..what is that? from what i’ve read it’s some sort of web app, so i need to install it on the web or into a local server?

2485 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
LucidStudios says

you can also use it just like a normal windows application if you install a visual client software like svn tortoise.

2309 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+5 more
theflyingtinman says
why don’t use a professional solution? I use svn for all of my projects this not only provides a sort of back-ups but also helps you deal with clients who say oh I think I needed this project in yesterday’s status so please discard todays progress :)

svn (and source control in general) is great .. once your code saved to disk. It doesn’t help if you keep forgetting to save your code while you are working and have a Flash crash though :(

by
by
by
by
by
by