1666 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

Hey everyone!

I have this idea, and I think there are only a very few things like this. I can’t do it (yet), it’s already been made, but not left and right. Correct me if I’m wrong, but afaik there is no such template around here.

The base problem is that there are all kinds of CMS around the net, but personally I haven’t seen one for a flash site. I guess there is, however, and those are custom made for a specific template which is very nice.

What if you think about this in reverse? The CMS already exists, you “just” need to create a big flash template to handle the content. From menus to blog posts, tag clouds, pages, comments, all kind of things, with the power of flash of course. Animations, preloaders for posts, nice transitions, text effects, music without interruption, transparency on every browser, compatibility. Think about it. Like all those top notch news reader components you saw on activeden. Could be used for wordpress blog entries. Which are not stored in some XML , but in the database of wordpress, and edited with the standard and well known admin interface. Sounds good eh?

So, I hope I opened the eyes of someone who can do stuff like this. Anyway, please post flash wordpress themes if you know any, as I’m interested in them. Thank you.

1025 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
fillerspace says
Animations, preloaders for posts, nice transitions, text effects, music without interruption, transparency on every browser, compatibility.

Most of that can be achieved with jQuery, without sacrificing the flexibility of being able to change the look and feel of the site with HTML /PHP/CSS/Javascript. There is also the SEO advantage if you avoid Flash.

That said, since a Flash template can read an XML file, and Wordpress can output XML via PHP , what’s to stop you from connecting the two?

1666 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

True. Thx for pointing it out.

1 post
  • Spain
kustomer says

Hello, we are working in a developed entirely in flash interface that extracts data from wordpress, I’ve seen similar projects, but can not see similar projects today, it seems like they have not prospered, anyone could tell me what is wrong? Maybe you do not have feasibility in full in flash templates for wordpress? SEO difficulties apart .. excuse my English Thank you.

2 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
ilac121 says

This is the closest thing I have found so far: http://activeden.net/item/rocfolio-2-flash-wordpress-template/101207 Although, HTML5 , jQuery, and other technologies are better there are still a lot of things very difficult to accomplish without FLASH .

3117 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

This is the closest thing I have found so far: http://activeden.net/item/rocfolio-2-flash-wordpress-template/101207 Although, HTML5 , jQuery, and other technologies are better there are still a lot of things very difficult to accomplish without FLASH .

this is a year old thread but theres this http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/swfpress-a-wordpress-theme-which-integrates-into-flash-tempaltes/34103

by
by
by
by
by
by