1706 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

Hey everyone!

I have this idea, and I think there are only a very few things like this. I can’t do it (yet), it’s already been made, but not left and right. Correct me if I’m wrong, but afaik there is no such template around here.

The base problem is that there are all kinds of CMS around the net, but personally I haven’t seen one for a flash site. I guess there is, however, and those are custom made for a specific template which is very nice.

What if you think about this in reverse? The CMS already exists, you “just” need to create a big flash template to handle the content. From menus to blog posts, tag clouds, pages, comments, all kind of things, with the power of flash of course. Animations, preloaders for posts, nice transitions, text effects, music without interruption, transparency on every browser, compatibility. Think about it. Like all those top notch news reader components you saw on activeden. Could be used for wordpress blog entries. Which are not stored in some XML , but in the database of wordpress, and edited with the standard and well known admin interface. Sounds good eh?

So, I hope I opened the eyes of someone who can do stuff like this. Anyway, please post flash wordpress themes if you know any, as I’m interested in them. Thank you.

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says
Animations, preloaders for posts, nice transitions, text effects, music without interruption, transparency on every browser, compatibility.

Most of that can be achieved with jQuery, without sacrificing the flexibility of being able to change the look and feel of the site with HTML /PHP/CSS/Javascript. There is also the SEO advantage if you avoid Flash.

That said, since a Flash template can read an XML file, and Wordpress can output XML via PHP , what’s to stop you from connecting the two?

1706 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
Firsh says

True. Thx for pointing it out.

1 post
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
kustomer says

Hello, we are working in a developed entirely in flash interface that extracts data from wordpress, I’ve seen similar projects, but can not see similar projects today, it seems like they have not prospered, anyone could tell me what is wrong? Maybe you do not have feasibility in full in flash templates for wordpress? SEO difficulties apart .. excuse my English Thank you.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
ilac121 says

This is the closest thing I have found so far: http://activeden.net/item/rocfolio-2-flash-wordpress-template/101207 Although, HTML5 , jQuery, and other technologies are better there are still a lot of things very difficult to accomplish without FLASH .

3229 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+1 more
organicbee says

This is the closest thing I have found so far: http://activeden.net/item/rocfolio-2-flash-wordpress-template/101207 Although, HTML5 , jQuery, and other technologies are better there are still a lot of things very difficult to accomplish without FLASH .

this is a year old thread but theres this http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/swfpress-a-wordpress-theme-which-integrates-into-flash-tempaltes/34103

by
by
by
by
by
by