DiogoRedinDevelopment Recent Posts Threads Started
564 posts
  • Located in Portugal
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
DiogoRedinDevelopment says

Well, I already started selling on the Envato Marketplaces and I would know what username do you use and what you think that make more sales and help buyers and sellers finding you. Do you use your Full Name, Brand Name or you just don´t care about it?

Cheers, Diogo R.

3946 posts After Effects Templates
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
miseld says

Username has nothing with the sales :) We are community with ove 658.000 members, just work and buyers will find you.

825 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
InterantMedia says

Username has nothing with the sales :) We are community with ove 658.000 members, just work and buyers will find you.

+1, although we use our company name ;)

1411 posts
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

Hi diego, as “miseld” said, you don’t have to worry too much about the username. You have to write a great description of your file and use many keywords for the buyers to find your file. The preview image is also important, so you should make it attractive. If you want, you can also promote your file on twitter. (don’t forget you can’t make self promotion here). Good luck! ;)

DiogoRedinDevelopment
DiogoRedinDevelopment Recent Posts Threads Started
564 posts
  • Located in Portugal
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
DiogoRedinDevelopment says

Hi diego, as “miseld” said, you don’t have to worry too much about the username. You have to write a great description of your file and use many keywords for the buyers to find your file. The preview image is also important, so you should make it attractive. If you want, you can also promote your file on twitter. (don’t forget you can’t make self promotion here). Good luck! ;)

Thanks, and yes I know that we can´t make self promotion here :) However I thought that would be more professional to having a brand name or something like that.

2126 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Graphic-Studio says

+1

I started out as FlashWebservice, but I didn’t create Flash Files.

So, I eventually changed my user name, and sales are fairly well after about 2 years.

I should concentrate more on creating new files.

I don’t feel too concerned with my user name, nor do I care about the other users I buy from – if I like a file, its presentation, uses and documentations I’ll probably buy it.

I’m not concerned about other users names.

23 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
FireJermWebs says

looks like the thread ran off the spool a bit. I use my web name that i use for every site I want to be found at. that way if someone cant get a hold of me here they can Google and find me at other places like twitter or other forums. My name changes if i dont want u to find me at places that contain too private material such as pics or ahem adult content ahem.

Its the simplest form of self advertisement. Like Coke-Cola doesn’t go by Popguzzleers1896 on facebook. they are still Coke so they can be found. Also links point to things im selling, whether here or ebay or my own site.

So yeah its a personal preference but it can make a bit of difference. Other than that yeah keywords do help along with good title, description and image. I wish i made my brake rotor thumbnail be shown in use instead of like it is, but that’s a good example.

1552 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
dSKY says

Brand name can’t hurt , thats for sure :)

3714 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Personally, brand names arn’t the ones that I remember. It’s personal names that stick, for me. I guess that’s why I (subconsciously) have never even considered using anything else than my real name. And I like it so far. :)

5492 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

So your real name is Joost ?

Thats Cool name.

Personally, we use names that are unique to the site we are on, we rarely use the same name twice on different venues. Plus we pick names that have bugger all to do with who and what we are.

They are “usernames” after all.

Personally, I don’t like to see ppl using their business name and/or real name.

by
by
by
by
by
by