Hi All! I’m kind of a newbie in this type of marketplace, i would just like to ask especially for the authors that are using envato as their main income to survive.
When did you decide to quit your job and become a full time author? And how do you deal with relatives asking, “when do you plan to find a real job?”
1. Decided when I thought the cost vs. the risk was measurable. Nothing is without risk, but you can put yourself in a position to minimize it a good deal. Remember that one high income month doesn’t mean the next will be the same – especially with the current number of files being uploaded. And be ready to work your tail off – you can be successful as you want to be.
2. They stop asking when they realize you’re paying the bills and not asking for monday.
You always have to have a few options open . dont just pick one as your full time job because you will never know.
While I am not a full Envato marketer, I am happily able to survive quite well as a Freelancer.
It is best in my opinion to start with having a job and making this aside to make an extra buck. After you have found a working model that brings up stable income through a mix of means; such as contests, selling stock and offering design services, and when this flow of cash doubles of triples what you earn in a normal job:
It is then, when you can start to think about becoming a full freelancer.
Otherwise you risk to stay chained to your computer at home with little to no income at all. And then is when people will ask you to get a real job to earn steady money. But if you are able to show them how free you can be with a steady flow of cash through just freelancing and selling stock, they will respect and even envy you.
Thank You so much for the advise guys! I really appreciate it!
You are all my inspiration to work hard to become successful here in Envato. If you can do it, I’m sure I can too. I know there is no easy job and hard work is the key in every success.
I never had a job
Same as Ruben, never had a job. I’ve gone straight to TF for work
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.