• Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+4 more
Carmen Staff says
animike said
Hmm. I signed up for this meet up but never anything about it. Too bad. It would have been fun to hangout. Next time I guess.

We’re sorry about that too! The forum thread was updated to include the meet up details, this was the first time we’ve done a local meet up so we’ll make sure no one gets left out next time. :)

108 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
Australiaa says

Just a incy wincy suggestion Carmen.

Seeing as many people would like to goto country specific or regional based meets, wouldnt it be prudent to fire up your own MEET -UPS area ?

So that it is always on this site, and available for people to subscribe to and keep upto date with…

Seemingly for an Australian owned business, I have never seen any meets for Australia , and didnt know about the USA meet until after it was posted.

With a community exceeding 1 million, is it just something that is reserved for the black paw brigade and kept hush hush , which i hope isnt the case.

170 posts The Joomla Guy
  • Won a Competition
  • Power Elite Author
  • Power Elite Author: Sold between 1 000 000 - 1 999 999 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
hogash says

It would be awesome if you could make a Community Meet-up in Europe. It doesn’t matter in which country from Europe, i’ll attend it :D

1394 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Europe
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
Stylius says
hogash said
It would be awesome if you could make a Community Meet-up in Europe. It doesn’t matter in which country from Europe, i’ll attend it :D

+1 for Spain! :bigsmile: At least Andorra

1276 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • United Kingdom
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+12 more
ChristineWilde Reviewer says

We need a meet up in the UK! Please! :D

730 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
mordauk says
Australia said
Seemingly for an Australian owned business, I have never seen any meets for Australia , and didnt know about the USA meet until after it was posted. With a community exceeding 1 million, is it just something that is reserved for the black paw brigade and kept hush hush , which i hope isnt the case.

The Meet UP thread was here on the forums for a good month before it happened, and it was almost always at the top due to the number of replies.

1733 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
VisualSharing says

Maybe there should be something like a newsletter form, where people can subscribe and get notified whenever a meeting is coming.

This way members will know when even the smallest local meeting is coming, while those who are not interested will not be disturbed. :)

Or, a website dedicated to that.

hogash said
Yeah, just make sure it’s held in a country that is part of the EU. :P
897 posts Community Officer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Community Ambassador
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+4 more
Carmen Staff says
Australia said
Just a incy wincy suggestion Carmen.

Seeing as many people would like to goto country specific or regional based meets, wouldnt it be prudent to fire up your own MEET -UPS area ?

So that it is always on this site, and available for people to subscribe to and keep upto date with…

Seemingly for an Australian owned business, I have never seen any meets for Australia , and didnt know about the USA meet until after it was posted.

With a community exceeding 1 million, is it just something that is reserved for the black paw brigade and kept hush hush , which i hope isnt the case.

Australia, The Local Envato Meetup was the first informal meet up we have ever held and was created as a result of three of the Envato staff meeting in New York. We are in the process of discussing future local meetups (possibly permanent) in locations around the world. As you know these things take time, and of course we would prefer locations and dates that can accommodate as many of the community as we can. It’s one of the challenges of being a global company but we are doing our best to establish organised meet ups. On the other hand you are more than welcome to take the initiative and create your own local meet up. The Local Envato Meetup was posted on Envato Notes and on the Forums and was updated before the event. We will make sure to do the same in future, so keep your eyes peeled. :)

108 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
Australiaa says

Thanks will keep em peeled

76 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
Mode54 says
Carmen said
... On the other hand you are more than welcome to take the initiative and create your own local meet up…

I missed the last NYC meetup but I’m into doing an un-official envato meetup in NYC , Philly or Central Jersey. Anyone interested?

by
by
by
by
by
by