8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
progressivered says

Hi,

I just want to let you know couple of things regarding to the future of CU3ER here on ThemeForest. This also apply to all other similar marketplaces out there.

Please be aware that CU3ER v0.9.2 is beta, it’s not finished release and have a lot of bugs. We’ve decided to drop off from further updating this beta in favor of v1 which will be significantly different in terms of setting, configuring & functionality. This is something we had to do in order to push CU3ER forward as an application and will allow number of new cool features that were not possible with current buildout.

Once v1 is out, we will shortly after discontinue offering support for v0.9.2! There is no reason to keep inferior beta version in life once v1 is out. What this mean that all current existing plugins, extensions, themes and templates will have to be updated by their authors to meet v1 functionality which will be more robust & feature rich than previous one. Please keep that in mind if you plan to build theme/template in the near future. Everyone who contacted us questioning about licensing, know that new version is on its way and there will be license model for various kind of CU3ER usage. While we will keep CU3ER usage free under the same or very similar license as current one ( http://www.progressivered.com/cu3er/about.htm#license ), embedding CU3ER in commercial templates (like ones here on ThemeForest) will require new license which will not be free. License models & fees are not determined yet and will be announced in respective time.

Decision to let ThemeForest authors to use CU3ER v0.9.2 on their commercial templates was the way off showing gratitude to Envato marketplace for the one of the first official CU3ER review – http://blog.activeden.net/industry-news/cu3er-3d-flash-image-slider/ and we think Envato and authors had great time to enjoy the benefits of that decision. Unfortunately, we have to put an end date to it, which is February 1st, 2010. Meaning, anyone who want to use CU3ER in commercial template released after February 1st, will have to obtain respective license. Hope you understand its decision that we have to make in order to offer equal treatment for all authors and marketplace out there.

Lastly, I’m not allowed to talk about the new features at this time but here is the one, among number of others, you will definitely like: CU3ER Manager – full featured CU3ER configuration & management application! :)

Thank you for all your interest in CU3ER and stay in touch for the news about v1.

Stefan Kovac

1878 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Hi Stefan, thanks for letting us know, we really appreciate it and thank you for your awesome work :) Please stay in touch with us on updates of possible paid licensing

2952 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
DDStudios says

Ok so it basically mean that if we want to make a theme with cu3er without liscence , we can do it now and then feb 1st , we will be able to keep it in our theme without liscence ?

Or that everybody who have theme with cu3er in it will have to purchase liscence ?

Thanks !

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says

BTW , just ask 1$ to everybody who used cu3er in their theme recently and you will be rich :)

Great job BTW

2329 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+6 more
CreativeMilk says

Finally….......less theme’s with the cuber ;)

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
progressivered says
Ok so it basically mean that if we want to make a theme with cu3er without liscence , we can do it now and then feb 1st , we will be able to keep it in our theme without liscence ?
YES , all themes released until Feb 1st can use CU3ER without license.
2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
Finally….......less theme’s with the cuber ;)

Wait , my theme is coming ! haha :)

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
YES , all themes released until Feb 1st can use CU3ER without license.

Awesome !

I always said that there were too much theme with cu3er but if it will stop Feb 1st .. I will incorporate it in my next theme :)

Thanks !

659 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
luckykind says
Awesome !

I always said that there were too much theme with cu3er but if it will stop Feb 1st .. I will incorporate it in my next theme :)

Thanks !

way to be sucked into the darkside… DD now stands for Darkside Darth! :P

2952 posts
+10 more
DDStudios says
Awesome !

Thanks !
way to be sucked into the darkside… DD now stands for Darkside Darth! :P

lol

Yeah but my theme won’t look good only because there is cu3er in it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by