14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WorkingMachine says

Hi there guys,

I´m a new member of GR marketplace and i notice that unfortunately the overall items quality is of low and the items that are of great quality don´t have the proper attention by the reviwers who should rate them before upload on Gr, for example from 1 to 5 rating! This way byers would have a better understading of the the files quality.

what do you think?

Another thing has to do with the time files stay in the front page, for instance i have uploaded a file, which is the one who selles more and it stayed only a few time in the front page, don´t know why this happen and if there is any criteria to define the time items can remain in the front page?

I hope things change and that authors who design good files would get more atention from the GR audience!

Cheers :)

825 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
InterantMedia says

Another thing has to do with the time files stay in the front page…

Yes, that’s true. I think that very good items deserve it to stay longer on the front page then bad items. It would be great when you open graphicriver.net and look to the new files and can say ‘Woah, that’s a great file, and that one too, and that one too!’, by dotting every file on the front page with your finger on your screen. How about that?! :P

399 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
aRtlessX says

My thoughts:-raise the bar.
I think we need to define what exactly that means. If it means that the bad/mediocre files stop getting approval and getting though unless they become very good, sure. If raising the bar means that approval gets more strict on all levels even for those files that are already very good to extremely good, well, that would mean that approval demands absolute perfection and nothing less. And if you demand perfection you’d better be prepared to set the appropriate item price for that, and that means a LOT higher. Very good items are SUPER undervalued as it is, why would any author accept to put even more hard work on it (while it’s already very good) if it is to be sold for $3-5-7 again? But like I said, if it means getting out of the way the bad files that are now getting through, I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.
951 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

I completely agree with Bebel. The problem is that as you already said it’s hard to judje objectively what is great and what not.

80% of the files you can buy here, you can also find for free around the Web (and often better quality)

Anyway I’d like to have this few things on Graphicriver to help this marketplace better in quality beside quantity:

1) If an item doesn’t sell means it has to be deleted because is not useful

2) Authors can “red flag” an item (to say:” hey guys this suck”) If an item is flagged many times it has to be deleted

Reviewers still do an awesome job trying to keep the quality high here and I think authors with their experience can helps.

825 posts
+6 more
InterantMedia says

I completely agree with Bebel. The problem is that as you already said it’s hard to judje objectively what is great and what not.

80% of the files you can buy here, you can also find for free around the Web (and often better quality)

Anyway I’d like to have this few things on Graphicriver to help this marketplace better in quality beside quantity:

1) If an item doesn’t sell means it has to be deleted because is not useful

2) Authors can “red flag” an item (to say:” hey guys this suck”) If an item is flagged many times it has to be deleted

Reviewers still do an awesome job trying to keep the quality high here and I think authors with their experience can helps.

I totally agree with your second point, but I don’t agree with the first one. Some great items aren’t sold in the first few days, but are really great! It doesn’t mean automatically that a item is bad (yes, most of the time, but not in any case).

3197 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
+11 more
ThomGeskin says

Let’s just look at this from another perspective. Please don’t go hating me, it’s just a different point of view. The way this discussion is going, it seems we are all calling the buyers stupid, assuming he doesn’t know what is of great or poor quality.

The buyer always knows. Any buyer will do a deep search to find the best product for the price he is willing to pay. If a buyer doesn’t choose the best item, he has his reasons. Maybe the project doesn’t require a cutting-edge, revolutionary top-quality item, maybe the simple and quick item is just what he needs to move on to the next project.

There will always be diversity. Quality difference is not a bad thing.

Just a thought.

951 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

Some great items aren’t sold in the first few days, but are really great! It doesn’t mean automatically that a item is bad (yes, most of the time, but not in any case).

Absolutely true I don’t want that. I was speaking about items who don’t sell anymore/never sold in a period of let’s say 6 months. There are some old items wich are still very good and should stay.

That’s inline also with Dzinc’s post:

The buyer always knows. Any buyer will do a deep search to find the best product for the price he is willing to pay.

Exactly. If an item is selling it should stay, if not it should go… I’d like to see a system where buyers decide what should stay and what not (buying or not buying an item) and authors can help reviewers flagging ugly items…

3729 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

I think you’ve got a point Dzinc, maybe cutting edge items aren’t always needed. Maybe that’s the reason for the current quality cut-off for being accepted on GR.

3729 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says
Exactly. If an item is selling it should stay, if not it should go…

Surely the search and browse functions put items with less sales further down, so higher selling items are rewarded.

825 posts
+6 more
InterantMedia says

Some great items aren’t sold in the first few days, but are really great! It doesn’t mean automatically that a item is bad (yes, most of the time, but not in any case).
Absolutely true I don’t want that. I was speaking about items who don’t sell anymore/never sold in a period of let’s say 6 months. There are some old items wich are still very good and should stay.

Ah, sorry for my misunderstanding. That’s indeed a great solution. ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by