• Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
+1 more
DigitalYardSale says

I too feel that the marketplace is getting flooded and that high quality files are getting lost in the mix. I totally agree with having a tier system in place for recent items. Just separate some of the best quality recent items so users can quickly identify what’s worth spending their money on.

I like the idea of a flagging system so that authors can help reviewers “weed out” the lower quality items. BUT , I feel like this could possibly be abused.

By raising the standard, I’m sure there are some of my items that would have to go or wouldn’t get approved in the first place. But that would only make me work harder and have a better product in the long run which results in better sales anyway! Win for everyone.

825 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
InterantMedia says

How about a little spring cleaning? Just remove items which didn’t sell for six months or so. That would make GraphicRiver a bit more cleaner. :D

3196 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
DzincStudio says

...next stop – raising the quality standards! ;)

...stay tuned. :)
277 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United Kingdom
cazoobi says

I totally agree with this hole thread, there are far too many low quality files on here and I would include some of my early offerings in that collection too.

Why not totally raise the bar in these areas as they are completely flooded at the moment.

1. Web buttons

2. Styles

3. Textures

4. Vector Custom Shapes

5. Business Card Templates

I only comment on designs that inspire me or simply blow me away so I only ever leave positive stuff.

988 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Turkey
  • Won a Competition
thomas07 says

Great topic!

Raise the quality bar and raise the price.

I’ll take down few of my files myself :)

^ this, +1 !!!

+ i would add…hire some reviewers older than 40…they have the right taste for design & quality judgement! Not complaining about recent review team…but they seem to approve anything glossy and bling-bling.

42 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
gsdesignworks says

As far as removing items that don’t sell for any given time…I don’t think that i a good idea. Take holiday items for example….they only sell one period a time a year. Why punish them for that?

2077 posts
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
+7 more
DarkstarDesigns says

As far as removing items that don’t sell for any given time…I don’t think that i a good idea. Take holiday items for example….they only sell one period a time a year. Why punish them for that?

They said they would remove things that are of a lower quality that are over a year old and have no sales, if it was a holiday file it will have had the chance to Sell over the year,

Not everything is quite upto scratch on the site, so these files need to be removed it will have a positive effect on the market place.

56 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
miniMAC says

I think anyone here has guessed the problem! :) Someone have rejected a lot of my files that I think, took much time working and then I see that the new files, here at Graphicriver, have the ridiculous. There are authors whose work is impeccable, but then I realize that some jobs that are published are shameless copies and STOLEN from other sites, I find it unacceptable.

3196 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Brazil
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+5 more
DzincStudio says

but then I realize that some jobs that are published are shameless copies and STOLEN from other sites, I find it unacceptable.

Hi miniMAC, if you feel that there are any issues regarding copyright infringement, you can always send support an e-mail: http://graphicriver.net/support

Copyright Related Issues are taken very seriously.

Just so it is clear, keep in mind that some authors are non-exclusive, meaning they have the right to sell the same file in multiple sites/markets.

3085 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
Raincutter says

but then I realize that some jobs that are published are shameless copies and STOLEN from other sites, I find it unacceptable.
Hi miniMAC, if you feel that there are any issues regarding copyright infringement, you can always send support an e-mail: http://graphicriver.net/support

Actually a link under tags on the item pages says this: “Report This File”. Thus you can try reporting file through that link if you think it’s a complete rip-off of another item.

by
by
by
by
by
by