118 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Russian Federation
ZenThemes says

Well, from your thoughts, it seems pretty good that I’ve made the choice of making a niche theme. Glad to see what this marketplace buyers think.

29 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
wahkeenasitka says

wow this is a really interesting thread. thank you CLINE123 for your valuable comments!!

it makes me want to co-create a niche theme w/ a developer. it would be an interesting project to co-create a template as a designer w/ a developer who’s not as good at the design…

i’d love to create a niche theme w/ a focus on yoga / healing arts / massage / new age….

~s

328 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
CLINE123 says
wahkeenasitka said
wow this is a really interesting thread. thank you CLINE123 for your valuable comments!! ...

Thank you. Too bad authors here don’t think that way. To them I’m a lazy reseller getting away with their hard work. Maybe I should be ties to the stake and burnt :).

That’s a good idea to team up with a developer. Yes, spas are popular and a good niche theme.

2160 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
+10 more
mpc Volunteer moderator says

Time to create some wp niche themes ;)

7 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
flixflix says

CLINE123 , the niche website idea is a good one and theme designers should understand that many buyers (especially newbies) will purchase something they can relate to. Look at TemplateMonster.com for example, where they even have a search by “theme” (i.e. industry) feature. Of course, TemplateMonster has slid into irrelevance by now but during the golden years of HTML templates, the variety of “themes” was one of the best selling points. You could find anything from transportation to pharmaceuticals to food retail and barber shops.

Needless to say, a smooth demo importer will become a necessity ;)

328 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United States
CLINE123 says
flixflix said
Needless to say, a smooth demo importer will become a necessity ;)

Ha, wink, wink back!

960 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
jeffeatworld says

Niche themes are great, sometimes some of the WordPress themes here manage to convey their usage well though.

Someone mentioned that the older Authors are dominating the marketplace – i disagree with that because just look at Orman – he’s not been doing this for very long and he’s doing brilliantly and the reason he is doing so well is he made the concious decision to do it as a full time thing.

I love ThemeForest because I can make some passive incoome pus I dont have naggy clients to deal with – i can literally do what I think looks great :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by