1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

I know there are many Game of Thrones’ fans among the Envato members (I’m included) and staff. I did not read the books yet, but I’d like to know, if any of you read them, how are they different from the TV series?

No spoilers please :)

113 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
DesignDeposit says

First of all, both of the Game of Thrones books and TV series are really good. Huge fan. I think the TV series has done really well in bringing them to the screen.

The differences are mostly what you would expect when going from book to TV or book to movie. The plot is condensed, unessential characters are written out and minor changes are made to help it adapt to a TV audience.

I think a large problem is that the books are written from many different point of views. So there is obviously a lot of internal monologue going on that somehow needs to be communicated differently on TV. I think they have done well in this regard.

As always, people will say TV series/movies are never as good as the books, and they would probably be right. Some of the little changes have thrown me as well though, so there is a nice little bit of excitement of not knowing exactly what’s going to happen.

1244 posts Sr. Mockup Crafter
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+9 more
CarlosViloria says

the books are much better, but obviously on the books makes your imagination fly and even then this serie is great I think the best I’ve seen so far, I love Game of Thrones :inlove:

68 posts Designer | Developer
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
lbeck says

Incredible books, guaranteed to be 100% better than the shows. Get them, you won’t regret it!

Winter is coming …

52 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+2 more
hypesrc says

I second that, even though I have not read the books… everyone tells me they are even better than the show.

I personally think GOT is one of the best series out there, great picture, plot and execution(in all possible meanings of the word) LOL .

793 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
Amrhamza says

I haven’t read the books, me and my family are fans

1411 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

I’m planning to start reading them this summer, after I finish Steve Jobs’ biography.

240 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Pack
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
JRChild says

I’m loving the books – just in the middle of 3.2. I can’t believe how much GRR Martin fits into each of them. I’ve been wary of the TV show but maybe I’ll give it a go…

by
by
by
by
by
by