341 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
OXYLUS says

@ica

You are being quite aggressive and I don’t think your attitude is appropriate.

I clearly explained why we CAN ’T offer support here, it’s not that we choose not to (or don’t want to) . I agree that it’s more inconvenient for the buyer and that is the reason why I said we are losing sales because of this and there’s nothing we can do about it.

And how the heck do you come to the conclusion that our attitude towards this site and community is bad in any way ? Please revise your attitude if you want to continue this conversation with me.

I’m curious if a buyer prefers to sift through 100 pages of comments (filled with “great file !” and countless questions) when they’re searching for the answer to a specific issue instead of looking at topic titles on a forum and/or use a support forums search function.

We’re not ignorant, we know quite well it’s in our best interest to offer support here, and as proof of that we actually tried to build an app that would show each developer comments on AD for the files they developed and they could answer them. Unfortunately we ran into some security problems and it was dropped for now.

And about the Adobe dealer, let me rephrase. The biggest, most important and notorius software dealer on the planet. Does the logic still stand ?

I think that instead of complaining so much we should get our flash on and produce some amazing files :) It’s the “manly” thing to do hehe.

Cheers !

412 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
patrickjansen says

Inbetween hear hear -> I definately think having a private forum and personal site for support is way better. First of all, I get notified by email of new posts and can immediately help or respond to a customer. AD is good as it shows comments in dasboard, e.g FCnet there’s none and I only check rarely. Also, all FAQ and questions get centralized into one place and it’s easy for customers to find answers or for me to redirect them to answers.

341 posts
+3 more
OXYLUS says

Patrick, I completely agree.

ica only has 8 items for sale so in a way I understand why he might think it’s easy to support files in comments here and “rude” not to. I’m curious if he’ll have the same opinion when dealing with over 30-40 items, let alone 250+ :)

This is actually something I missed when I said single authors would have it better of supporting their items in comments. When you have a lot of items spread over marketplaces, it’s almost impossible to offer any form of decent support if you don’t centralize. AD does have the cool feature of being able to check all new message in your my account, other sites don’t ;)

Cheers !

44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Bulgaria
+4 more
ica says

@oxylus

I just have an opinion. nothing perosnal to you.

and please respect one of your clients – me.

take my point, think about it and come up with solution. it’s that easy! every seller should do this. it’s healthy for the business – to listen to the clients. :))

cos I really do buy some of your files. respect man!

44 posts
  • Located in Bulgaria
+4 more
ica says
Patrick, I completely agree.

ica only has 8 items for sale so in a way I understand why he might think it’s easy to support files in comments here and “rude” not to. I’m curious if he’ll have the same opinion when dealing with over 30-40 items, let alone 250+ :)

This is actually something I missed when I said single authors would have it better of supporting their items in comments. When you have a lot of items spread over marketplaces, it’s almost impossible to offer any form of decent support if you don’t centralize. AD does have the cool feature of being able to check all new message in your my account, other sites don’t ;)

Cheers !

I’m not saying not to have your own forum. what I say is to find a way to give a choice to your clients. what if I buy item it has bug and I do not want to spend the time to go to your forum? I’m so clear and polite to you – give a choice.

I’m done with this cos it is meaningless to me any more. the same things again and again. just don’t have time for this.

have a nice day guys and gals, and take it easy the life is good and not only business lol :d

341 posts
+3 more
OXYLUS says
the same things again and again. just don’t have time for this.

Agreed :)

I have not disrespected you , quite the opposite actually.

If there was an easy solution we would have found it long time ago.

Now, I for one am getting my butt back to work, there’s lots of things to do and no time to waste :)

Cheers !

44 posts
  • Located in Bulgaria
+4 more
ica says
the same things again and again. just don’t have time for this.
Agreed :)

I agree too :p

LeatherwingStudios
LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
550 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
LeatherwingStudios says

just to throw a buyer’s perspective in here…

I have bought Oxylus files both here and directly from their website. Their work and their support is top-notch. And they provide REAL support forums where I can browse or search without wading through miles of “nice file, dude” litter.

if I were an AD author I’d spend my time studying and emulating Oxylus!

341 posts
+3 more
OXYLUS says

Thank you Jim, I appreciate it. We do our best but still have a lot of room to improve.

5337 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says

I love when the conversation changes but stays important!

We really need a search option for the comments. Some buyers even post, “Sorry if this has been asked but I don’t have time to read 500 comments”. Only problem is, search would need to be better. For example, when someone searches for a phrase, it should not be strict. The string should be split and all combinations of the phrase/words should be searched.

I have bought Oxylus files both here and directly from their website.

But after buying from their site, I doubt you ever buy their files here anymore because of the savings and better license.

This example demonstrates that when you take the total sales lost vs. the money made from a single non-exclusive sale, it doesn’t seem like a good situation for AD.

If a non-exclusive author is only selling here and their own marketplace, it means that their own marketplace is pretty successful.

by
by
by
by
by
by