675 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
dexterous says

Hi,

I am new to garage band and wanted to get some additional intruments in garage band including different drum kits.

I want to know that how to get/purchase additional instruments or drum kits. Note that I am not looking for loops.

I found that purchasing jam packs will include additional instruments, but before spending $99 is there a way to find out what exactly it contains, like which sounds, and which drum? (the description of jam pack contains very less info).

apart from jam pack, is there any other way to download/purchase specific instruments and not the whole packs?

thanks.

296 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+7 more
ThomasVoMusic says

Hi Dex,

I’m assuming you want single sounds, such as snares, kicks, hihats, that you can combine to make your own rhythm, rather than use a loop correct?

If so, you may want to have a look at Big Fish Audio’s Drums Overkill. It has loads of sounds in several genres that will keep you busy for quite some time. More info here: http://www.kvraudio.com/news/big_fish_audio_releases_drums_overkill_7122

Just curious, do you plan to use GarageBand forever in terms of as a DAW to make music?

If not, I suggest you have a look at Native Instruments Battery 3, it’s quite awesome too! Sound qualities are superb and you have a lot of control over the sounds. Only issue is some people say that GaragaeBand doesn’t recognize it for some reason… :(

Regards,

Thomas

679 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

If you can push your budget to $200 or so I would definetely grab Addictive Drums. It’s straightforward yet flexible and expandable. Plus the sound quality is amazing.

675 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+6 more
dexterous says

Thanks for the replies guys. Battery 3 is surely awesome but as of now I am on a low budget.

702 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
OhmLab says

Upgrade to Logic. You will never look back! ;)

90 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
GarryONeal says

Here’s another big thumbs up for Addictive Drums. They’re not even in GM format but it’s worth llearning the layout because the drums just sound great. Plain and simple, it’s all about killer drum sounds with these guys.

Garry O

by
by
by
by
by
by