184 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Loki6 says

P.S. Tons of people have asked me… including my parents who were hoping that’s their future daughter-in-law LOL . Alas sadly she is not an acquaintance, I bought the photos off PhotoDune (part of our beautiful Envato network using some of the money I earned here) and am kind of using her as our “marketing ambassador” for our website. I picked her because she has a friendly look to her that I feel lots of supermodels lack!
Nice, probably we all should think about buying a similar pictures :bashfulcute:
548 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
TortoiseTree says

P.S. Tons of people have asked me… including my parents who were hoping that’s their future daughter-in-law LOL . Alas sadly she is not an acquaintance, I bought the photos off PhotoDune (part of our beautiful Envato network using some of the money I earned here) and am kind of using her as our “marketing ambassador” for our website. I picked her because she has a friendly look to her that I feel lots of supermodels lack!
Nice, probably we all should think about buying a similar pictures :bashfulcute:

Absolutely! But please let’s all use different models… if we all use the same girl it will look like a giant practical joke more than anything else!!

548 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
TortoiseTree says

On the note about sales. I’ve been observing sales throughout all the marketplace and it really seems that in general sales are down. Now I know some of you are lucky enough to be still scoring a strong amount of sales despite the downturn but it seems in general customers aren’t around or just aren’t in the marketplace. So don’t worry guys, it’s not you… it’s just the season!

Keep writing great stuff guys!!

490 posts
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

I’ve always believed in 20% product creation and 80% marketing. :)

Reuben – we’re actually doing a lot of our marketing through Twitter which started great, but now seems to have little effect. We’ve also done the things recommended in Scott’s post like build a website, posted YouTube videos, ‘cold-emailed’ people and tried to collaborate with VideoHive authors (we’ve noticed the best-selling tracks are associated with a VH author in most cases), but for the effort involved, it seems like there’s pretty little return.

How do you market yourself / suggest people market considering you do this 80% of the time? We’ve had about 2 people sign up for free music on our site since the beginning of this year, so we can’t even entice new buyers in with free stuff it seems!

201 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
reubenchng says

How do you market yourself / suggest people market considering you do this 80% of the time? We’ve had about 2 people sign up for free music on our site since the beginning of this year, so we can’t even entice new buyers in with free stuff it seems!

Well, although I might not be the right guru/person to answer this, I can share my 2 cents. I think it’s a sad truth, but sometimes people do not appreciate free things. People would probably want your service or music more if you priced them higher. Well, it’s perception, really. About making more sales, I realized sometimes it’s not just about good music but about visibility. Our music is great, but not many or nobody hears them! Get featured on the front page of audiojungle and you’ll definitely see loads of additional sales. Perception and visibility takes place here. First, if your music is featured then it’s gotta be good right? Second, people actually listened to your music!

Tweeting excessively and hard-selling might just turn people away. A great move I think we should all go into now (me as well), is to make viral videos with our music featured in them. Maybe collaborate with a youtube star that makes regular videos and have him/her to feature your music or use your music! That should get some ears on our music! So create some good music and market them.

What do you think? :)

617 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Poland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
FxProSound says

BTW AudioJungle staff is helping us too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP-Ja2TKIbw, very good idea!

563 posts
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Sophonic says

I have found the twitter thing to be absolutely useless in my case. I put a few links that I could track on a link shortener and I saw the stats after my tweets and nothing. I used good keyword and hashtags and nothing ever. I really don’t think anyone is on twitter searching for their background music, and if there is its a very small amount. Google, Bing & royalty free music sites is where people search for that or even youtube.

If overtime you can gain a lot of previous A.J. buyers that might join your twitter(hasn’t happened once for me) it might then work. Somebody like Tim M. who is on a different level can really utilize his twitter account. Seems like almost everyone else is just spamming their co-authors and friends with promos for their newest track.

I guess keep plugging away even if you get one sale from the promo its better than no sales but for me time allocation is important, I have things in my life that take priority like family, work, make music.

I’m not trying to be negative and I believe in promotion but promotion that is efficient is key. If you guys have had success with twitter, I would love to hear.

60 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
TheRedGiant says

My 2 cents:

I used good keyword and hashtags and nothing ever.

The problem is when you don’t have at least a little group of followers that genuinely follows you, you know? Like, they are genuinely interested in what you tweet. If you have that, then the word-of-mouth magic will start to happen, even if it doesn’t immediately and directly translate to sales.

If your only reason to use Twitter is to plug your new AJ tracks, then Twitter will only ever be a personal SEO tool for you, IMO . Which isn’t good or bad per se. It simply depends on the utility that gives you (as you say, efficiency is probably what matters the most).

Google is where people search for that…

Which is a good reason to tweet your stuff. More presence in google’s search results. :)

(PS: So far I have 0 sales so I’m obviously not very good at AJ’ing, but here I’m talking from experience as a web developer who’s had to deal with improving websites’ web presence, SEO and such)

563 posts
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Sophonic says

My 2 cents:

I used good keyword and hashtags and nothing ever.

The problem is when you don’t have at least a little group of followers that genuinely follows you, you know? Like, they are genuinely interested in what you tweet. If you have that, then the word-of-mouth magic will start to happen, even if it doesn’t immediately and directly translate to sales.

If your only reason to use Twitter is to plug your new AJ tracks, then Twitter will only ever be a personal SEO tool for you, IMO . Which isn’t good or bad per se. It simply depends on the utility that gives you (as you say, efficiency is probably what matters the most).

Yup this is why I said that giants like Tim M. who get so many sales that they gain a lot of twitter(fans) followers just for their music, most guys on here add each other, which is cool but doesn’t do much for sales.

Google is where people search for that…
is a good reason to tweet your stuff. More presence in google’s search results. :)----------
  • SOPHONIC SAYS Your tweets do not show up in google results, maybe if you had a website link attached to it it my help your sites seo rankings.

RedGiantSays:(PS: So far I have 0 sales so I’m obviously not very good at AJ’ing, but here I’m talking from experience as a web developer who’s had to deal with improving websites’ web presence, SEO and such)

SOPHONIC SAYS Hang in there the sales will come, your track “After Midnight” is cool http://audiojungle.net/item/after-midnight/2331857?WT.ac=portfolio_item&WT.seg_1=portfolio_item&WT.z_author=TheRedGiant

Sorry for anyone reading this dribble but I totally messed up the quote and reply and I have no idea what im doing with it which is obvious.

657 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

Another note on the twitter thing, i’ve noticed more & more complaints against AJers spamming hashtags and such with some people even choosing to employ filters against “envato” &/or “audiojungle”. Things can only go on so long before someone gets annoyed by it and it’s considered spam/offensive. Just look at the whole VH vs. AJ forum promotion thing for example which was welcomed before but now is frowned upon. This can & probably will eventually apply to all sorts of promotion AJ authors choose to employ.

Just something to be mindful of. There’s a very thin line when it comes to this stuff and spam and the line is becoming thinner and thinner with each new author.

by
by
by
by
by
by