3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

Hello folks!

I’ve seen on a lot of blogs, and even on the streets, people wearing geek glasses, and I am not sure if those are either for helping people that can’t see, or as a fashion accessory (cause geek is cool). Maybe they also can be used to prevent the eyes from getting tired from too many hours in front of computer screens, I don’t know…

So I wanted to ask if you guys know anybody that wears such glasses or maybe you do, and if they can only wear them for helping the eyes see better.

This is the kind of glasses I have in mind: http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/optical/RB5145?var=2034

Every day my eyes are red, even though I’ve been using some medicine drops daily, still no effect. Maybe something like this can help? (of course, with a big and fancy frame)

I don’t have any problems with my eyes yet, but spending 12 to 16 days in front of a monitor, be it mobile, laptop or desktop, might end up in hurting my eyes on the long run. What’s your advice? :-)

3012 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
TNL3542 says

yeah u do need some kinda of protection you could always cut back on your computer time and take breaks here and their.. yeah i know you need money just all the other authors on here but everyone needs a break from time to time

218 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
AlphaTech says

They make you look really intelligent! And I wouldn’t call them “geek” glasses, but more like “designer” glasses.

1556 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+8 more
dorde says

I don’t have any problems with my eyes yet, but spending 12 to 16 days in front of a monitor, be it mobile, laptop or desktop, might end up in hurting my eyes on the long run. What’s your advice? :-)

Maybe you only think that you dont have problems with eyes. Maybe your eyes nerves are always under strain, and causing hurtings.
It’s my case, my dioptre is only -0.5/-0.5 and with glassess with antireflected layer on glassess (Sorry but I dont know what is right word in english, but that layer gives more protection from computer screen…), and I dont have any problem.
At first will be best to visit doctor, and check your eyes dioptre, and ask for the best advice :sunglasses:

343 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
+6 more
Artorius says

bobocel, as far as I know there is no way for protecting your eyes from continuous exposure to bright artificial light and focusing on it, unless you are willing to receive less light (sunglasses :) )

I’ve been having my eyes red from time to time for a long time but I’ve heard that drinking milk is good for the eye health.

Those glasses and probably any glasses won’t help you at all. There are a lot of marketing strategies for anti-radiation glasses and stuff like this. But unless you are using a CRT monitor which emits small amounts of X-rays, buying such glasses won’t help. And even these glasses won’t help against relieving stress from your eyes.

A little tip you are probably aware of is not working in a dark environment. Ambient light makes using a computer screen more easy to withstand.

8266 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

They make you look really intelligent! And I wouldn’t call them “geek” glasses, but more like “designer” glasses.

+1

Try to get breaks and get outside for 5 minutes every couple of hours, will do the world of good… :)

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Every day my eyes are red,

Cut the weeds dose,that should do the trick :P

1182 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
campolar says

+1

@tsafi: haha, yea +1 too :P

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

An ophthalmologist knows better. Probably you need some kind of polarized glasses, that prevent certain bad light… or something like that. :)

bla

526 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
tanpopo says

^ totally true.

i have been using eye glasses for years. tried several kind of lenses, always bought the most expensive ones to protect my eyes, but in the end i found that the best thing to do is to impose myself a break from the monitor every 2/3 hours.

as artorius said no glasses, even the most expensive ones, won’t save your eyes from the stress.

save you eyes. have a break.

i’m using this one by the way: http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/products/optical/RB5228?var=2000

very very geek i guess : )

m.

by
by
by
by
by
by