I changed your Avatar so you don’t have to take a new pic xD

210 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
indieground says

Hey I have the same Rayban model of glasses :-) I use them only in front of the computer because my sight is not the best, not because for fashion reasons! But when i go out 90% of the times i use contact lenses! I think the only reason you have red eyes is for the lot of time you spend on the computer, i totally agree with silenceplease.. you need a break avery 2-3 hours!

3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
bobocel says

BTW :

I changed your Avatar so you don’t have to take a new pic xD

hahaha! :D

3402 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
+6 more
bobocel says

Hey I have the same Rayban model of glasses :-) I use them only in front of the computer because my sight is not the best, not because for fashion reasons! But when i go out 90% of the times i use contact lenses! I think the only reason you have red eyes is for the lot of time you spend on the computer, i totally agree with silenceplease.. you need a break avery 2-3 hours!

Guess the people that smoke don’t have this issue. They might make cancer, but at least they have good eyes. :D

Will try to get a break every now and then.

584 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SparkyFlash says

I had similar problem some time ago. Research on the web on the eye strain exercises (every 30 min), basically they are all the same – move the eyes in both directions, look at something far away from you, then at something that is close, blink more :)

- drink more water to hydrate your eyes
- check with the doctor
- wear special glasses that protect from computer light (we have this kind in Russia, though I haven’t tried those)
- try Flux application for Mac (adjusts screen lightning at night), very helpful. I felt it really had a softening effect on my eyes after using it for couple of months now.

Hope this will help you, Andrei :)

Best regards,
Kate

3717 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

I don’t have any problems with my eyes yet, but spending 12 to 16 days in front of a monitor, be it mobile, laptop or desktop, might end up in hurting my eyes on the long run. What’s your advice? :-)

There is no evidence that looking at screens damages your eyes in the short or long run, it only makes them tired :o)

I was happy to find that fact out _

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

I don’t have any problems with my eyes yet, but spending 12 to 16 days in front of a monitor, be it mobile, laptop or desktop, might end up in hurting my eyes on the long run. What’s your advice? :-)
After your post i did little research and ask some friends that like me working crazy time in front of the screen, everyone recommend me the Gunnar glasses so i got them (0 number or more to say for normal people , if you need a number you need optometrist for it).

At start i didn’t notice much but after almost 2 weeks they are stick to my eyes(they say the change start after 21 days ?) man a huge deference, i don’t understand what happen but they are doing the job (for me ).

Ill recommend the clear glasses more suitable for designer(color issue) cost me around $180(start from $80 +-) but it worth it IMO and say it someone who never had any kind of vision problem and can still spot a hot woman from mile`s a way.

Any way here is the link.

http://www.gunnars.com/shop/Specialty/Crystalline/

1626 posts Building the Web.
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ZoomIt says

Awesome – but why Crystaline and not PC glasses ? Are they better ? I can’t seem to find Crystaline on ebay :( but it’s full of pc glasses from this gunnar firm

4140 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Awesome – but why Crystaline and not PC glasses ? Are they better ? I can’t seem to find Crystaline on ebay :( but it’s full of pc glasses from this gunnar firm

The Crystalline are recommend for all graphics/video designer atc` where the color object stay neutral due to lanes with out any distortion of the color vs the color (yellow) lanes they offered there .

Also regarding the price from what i see the range price is almost the same worldwide include ebay($10-$20 range deference ) and i got them from a local dealer ,so look first if you have a dealer in your country.

What i don’t like about them (so you know) they are really Pc glasses, anything you look at across the room has a slight blur it’s really take some time to get use to them. So again if you get them get the Crystalline not the yellow one for 20/20 vision

243 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+5 more
deiby says

Every day my eyes are red, even though I’ve been using some medicine drops daily, still no effect. Maybe something like this can help? (of course, with a big and fancy frame) I don’t have any problems with my eyes yet, but spending 12 to 16 days in front of a monitor, be it mobile, laptop or desktop, might end up in hurting my eyes on the long run. What’s your advice? :-)

Month old thread I know but thought I might be of help.

I’m nearsighted(can’t see far away), worn glasses most of my life. I wear glasses(or contacts) for everything, including PC use. Been glued to a PCs for 15+ years. I can only tell you about eyes/glasses in general, not about those specialized glasses.

Here are some things to consider, not necessarily in a particular order:

• see a doctor.
  • see if you have any other symptoms (headaches, fatigue, nausea, dizziness, etc) that you may have dismissed to better diagnose the problem.
  • getting enough sleep? seriously.
  • don’t rub your eyes. makes it worse fast. wash your face to get rid of any dirt/oil/whatever instead and pat down the area. it’s common for you to need to do this a few times in a row.
  • are you sure you don’t need corrective lenses, is your vision perfect? even a minor strain can cause headaches, fatigue, and other issues.
  • vision related fatigue/tiredness/sleepiness for myself is always due to eye strain and not enough light. enough light = sunlight from open windows, anything less or not equal to that is not enough even though it may “seem” well lit. remember your eyes adjust to the lighting around you, what seems to be enough may not be. generally you should have a well lit room.
  • lower the brightness of the monitors. if the brightness is too high and surrounding light is too low it can cause a burning feeling. example if at 100%, try 80, or 50. if at 50%, try 30 or 20. have to play with it. too low may make you feel tired from strain also.
  • if fatigue is an issue, increase the light in the room or the monitor brightness.
  • previously mentioned “f.lux” actually works, most should notice almost immediate relief to their eyes. it basically skews the warmth of all colors, at first everything may look orange/sepia but after 10-30+ minutes your eyes see colors as white/normal. when doing graphic/color work this may be an issue. if you try it, set the transition speed to “slow”. they also have info about monitors and the blue light they emit etc that is worth a look. http://stereopsis.com/flux/
  • some medications/herbal supplements can cause photo sensitivity (st johns wart for example) which in turn translates to headaches, fatigue, and other issues.
  • some eye drops actually irritate the eyes. everyone is different.
  • washing your eyes directly with tap water can cause redness, burning, and other health problems because most tap water has things in it. although some tap water is cleaner than others, ideally you wash the face and area around the eyes but not the actual whites.
  • lotions/stuff applied to the area above or around the eyes can easily make it’s way into the eyes even if you don’t sweat.
  • air quality issues can cause severe irritation, burning, redness. things like dust, smoke, fumes from chemicals, cleaning products, detergents, food odors like from some herbs/vegetables, cooking oils, nearby construction, etc.
  • go back to the basics, recheck your environment and settings. look for a simple cause, not a complicated one.
  • see a doctor!

sorry for the length, hope this helps! :)

also most people wear glasses because they can’t see !!!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by