10 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
senolito says

the envato group is probably one of the most attractive micro-stock sites out there… at least for the buyers… as a contributor i am currently not so motivated to go on… the reviews are fast, but very picky and very demanding… contributing takes long due to the fact that you have to provide many files which partially could also be generated automatically… and after all that effort the media is sold out at very low prices and the income doesn’t really matches the effort which went into the work… i stopped contributing at this point but will follow the progress since i like this site…

SelfPublishServices
SelfPublishServices Recent Posts Threads Started
473 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
SelfPublishServices says

I feel that the prices are low, but the number of people using the site means that the sales are higher than they would be if we were to sell the item on our own site. This counteracts the low pricing.

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
dziin says

I am beginning to feel this way also…

I really deject being given a cut and paste answer when a project is rejected. I’ve spent hours on something, the VERY LEAST a reviewer could do is spend 30 seconds to write “I didn’t accept your project because…. Try improving by…..” It helps us learn what the reviewers are looking for and minimises future rejections.

While i’m on the subject, what in the world does “The item does not meet our minimum design, animation, and technical requirements. We strive to accept professional quality projects, and unfortunately this submission doesn’t meet that criteria.” even mean????

Design is 100% subjective, one man’s trash is another’s treasure. I don’t know how you can have a “minimum design” requirements. I’ve seen billboards with one character on them! How is there possibly a “minimum” when it comes to design???

SelfPublishServices
SelfPublishServices Recent Posts Threads Started
473 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
SelfPublishServices says

I think there are three words that cover what you are saying:

The Turner Prize

2304 posts aspire to create - create to inspire
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+9 more
Creattive says

If you want to know more about the reasons for rejection, you can always contact support or open a forum thread in the item discussion area to get feedback from other authors.

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
dziin says

Hi Creattive, yes i know this is possible and i have indeed done it before. However, it is yet another process, yet another wait period, and yet more time invested that could really be avoided with a simple, quick personalised review message. I will actually be posting a logo reveal i’ve had rejected today for some feedback, as i can’t understand why it was rejected. To me it is quite classy, simple and minimal enough to suit a corporate setting, and somewhat unique – but best of all quickly and easily customised for the user! We will see what other authors say.

I’d like to clear up though, i’m not just saying these comments because i’m sore about having my project rejected – i’m not. I just think for the hours we put into these projects, and for the size of the cut Envato/Videohive take, we deserve a 30 second comment on what direction to look at/fix. I’m not saying they should tell me exactly what to do, but just a simple “I rejected this because the movement isn’t smooth enough” or “I rejected this because the design lacks sales potential” etc.

It literally took me less than 30 seconds to type that, and i believe that it would only eventually save the reviewers time by avoiding so much back and forth.

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
senolito says

wow, i had even forgotten that i started this threat… well, i am only concerned about the pricing policies and i don’t think that more users, like “business-web” mentioned, are a good argument to justify low prices … the creative output on envato is remarkable but the laws of mass production might tear down the quality … to satisfy customer demands and rising costs, they will open the gates and lower their demands and therefore i am actually not against critical reviewing. in the contrary, with one item it had gone so far that i deleted the file myself after the second round of soft-rejecting. the reviewer was complaining and complaining and i had put so much time on this that couldn’t see a point anymore and gave it up…i am okay with rejected files and i usually don’t ask for the reasons… waste of energy since i don’t believe the reviewer will change his mind… i only started one thread, cause the price was unacceptable, the support contacted me after a while and told me that they forward my concern to the reviewer, who never replied… so much for starting a thread…

by
by
by
by
by
by