1290 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

I’ll admit, I was a little late to the internet game, my parents were pretty strict about the phoneline being clear back in the day so I never had 56k dial-up, always had to go to a friends if I wanted to use the internet.

When we finally got internet access in the house, we got it through cable, at a mighty 150kbps we had the fastest internet that I had ever known. In fact, one weekend we had a trial upgrade to 300kbps which blew everybody’s mind, I was playing Counter-Strike at the time and the difference in latency was so great that I felt I was almost cheating against other players online!

Anyway, fast forward just over a decade and tomorrow I’m getting 75mbps internet, which is just absolutely mind-blowing with all things considered, to have come so far in such a small time is amazing.

I could talk about the difference of everything in this last decade when it comes to computers, but for now, it’s unreal what is achievable. Let’s just hope Google Fibre comes to England soon ;)

141 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Cubell says

Is that through Virgin? If so, do you have limits? I remember them having ridiculous “fair usage” policies only a few years ago. I never quite got how ISP’s could get away with selling “Fast internet” with stupid download limits.

1034 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
BenSheppard says

I’ve gone with Talk Talk and I’m getting 32mbps in the valleys, which is incredible as only now some of them have worked out what fire is!

75 is an incredible speed! Who’ve you gone with? I was going to choose sky but their website kept messing up as I was about to finish my order!

8251 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

I get a whopping 6.9 :D

4647 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+8 more
digitalscience says

I’m still on a 1mb line.. lol

549 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+4 more
kriskorn says

12MB down and 1MB up is mine and very satisfied. :D

236 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
martinjamez says

I’m still on a 1mb line.. lol
+1 :)
1290 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Is that through Virgin? If so, do you have limits? I remember them having ridiculous “fair usage” policies only a few years ago. I never quite got how ISP’s could get away with selling “Fast internet” with stupid download limits.

It’s through EE (not trying to promote them!)

Yeah, I think we have to pay extra so that there’s no data cap, I remember a couple of years ago that ISPs were considering 3gb p/month to be ‘fair usage’, which is obviously ridiculous!

As far as the speed goes, we’re pretty lucky in this end of York, there’s a fibre line running right the exchange at the end of my street and then only a little bit of phone line to slow things down.

78 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
David_Blanco says

wow, very nice, how much do you pay for it monthly? here I pay around 70 dlls for 3mb lol

116 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
nagaemas says

That’s amazing, maybe in about ten years I’ll get that speed in my country. For now I’m using my iPhone’s 3G connection all the time :) It’s pretty fast at 4-5MBPS but has a very bad latency.

by
by
by
by
by
by