84 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
Jonah-B says

Hello all! I’m an AudioJungle author. Music will always be a primary hobby of mine, but it gets a bit stale and repetitious at times. I find myself interested in taking on more hobbies to distract my mind from the frustratingly monotonous nature of daily life. Photography seems like a good one to consider as it may actually inspire me to get out of the house a little more. A hobby that takes place away from the pale light of the computer screen will probably be a good idea.

So I did a bit of preliminary research on photography and the terminology behind it. I thought I would pose this question here. What is the most basic equipment that I should consider? I’m not looking to do this professionally, so I don’t want to throw my whole bank account at it, but I would like to take pictures with a high enough level of quality that they may pass photodune standards.

If it makes a difference, the kind of photography I’m interested in is more outdoors (forests, ponds, nature, wildlife, ect.). There are a number of forests and wildlife parks nearby that would be interesting to shoot in. I fondly remember spending a good bit of time in the woods as a kid, and now that I have kids of my own I feel this could be a good outdoor hobby that we can share in. :)

5529 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

I’d say look at starter DSLR from Canon or Nikon or similar (even a good used or older model would be a good starting point). The lens that comes with it should be good enough for you to get a feel for the camera. Then get out there and practice, practice, practice :)

84 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Jonah-B says

Ok, Thank you! I’m looking into it. :)

1 post
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
tatianamia says

I’d have to agree practice is key. Make it fun… always make it fun :)

by
by
by
by
by
by