250 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
simnor says

I don’t know whether anyone else is noticing but things are getting a lot more quiet around here, what happened to the massive marketing that everyone was talking about that would get this place buzzing, has anybody else noticed this?

1426 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

A little :)

Maybe all the authors are working hard in creating new layout? And the users are waiting for them !

I heard that they will be quite lot of template will be added soon. So, wait and see :P

225 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
clinton says

I agree that the forums are a bit quiet…

...but, the number of new approved items so far this week is healthy – 29. This compares well with FlashDen who has 57 items, keeping in mind that FD is a very established marketplace. We also have 16 brand-new authors who have had their first item approved. Sales are also very strong for a site that is only 10 days old. We have had around a thousand members sign up on TF since it launched, not including all of the beta users.

It is very early days for TF and everyone at Envato is predicting very big things in the coming months. The great thing is that the ‘founding’ authors are going to be in a very good position because they will already be sitting their at the top of the ‘Popular’ lists when the hordes arrive.

That said, TF can always use more promotion. Tell your friends. Take advantage of the referral program – there are users making heaps of cash on FD through the referral program alone, and the deal for TF is the same.

250 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
simnor says

I’m in a nice position, its just sales are dropping everyday and I always expected that on release we’d have thousands of buyers coming onto the marketplace but if its gradual marketing then as long as I know somethings happening then thats great.

I’ve referred 4 people now, sadly none of them have put money in their account because they are authors, shame there isn’t a referral program where we earn if they sell as well as buy.

1426 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

I referred a few and 14% of them deposit money to buy something.

145 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
JJenZz says

I can’t say it’s getting quiet because I wasn’t here for beta haha. However, I certainly agree with clinton that for such a young website, the rate of new registrations, template submissions and sales is quite amazing.

I’ve been watching the members figure in the footer increase at one hell of a rate and it makes me all warm inside lol! I am busy preparing my next template already.

Also, sales on my first template have stunned me. I never could have imagined such a burst of sales in such a short space of time and am extremely chuffed there!

Anyway, all in all… I’m impressed and have decided to start learning Wordpress so that I can start submitting WP themes here too :)

Any help on where to find good WP tutorials would be appreciated… I’ve already started going through the wpdesigner.com tutorials.

422 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
vahid Staff says

I think NETTUTS , ThemeForest’s sister site, has a bunch of articles…

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Its just a matter of getting more people signed up, and having 1,000 already is pretty impressive. Give it some time…Out of those 1,000 people there were 16 authors…maybe more…the site just needs to build up some momentum.

1499 posts
  • Australia
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Envato Staff
+5 more
collis Staff says

Massive marketing would be my domain :-) And it’s happening, but in phases. So for example last week was launch and we had 35,000 visitors to the site over those 7 days via blogs, giveaways, newsletter etc.

This week we mostly consolidated – letting the files add up, adding a couple new bloggers to the blog, put up the leaderboard etc. Next week we start the first wave of ad campaigns, then we consolidate the following week, then the week after that we do a different push … and so on.

Doing it in phases gives the site a chance to grow in between each push, avoids over-saturation and gives me time to plan and make it all happen.

But yeah trust me when I say this site is growing really quickly. All its metrics – site traffic, sales, deposits, authors, signups – are at a level that took FlashDen a year to achieve. In other words in the last fortnight, we jumped through year 1 :-)

Don’t worry, you’re in good hands!

250 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
simnor says

Thats okay, I trust you, sales have started to decrease so I just wanted to make sure that its not going to continue that way

by
by
by
by
by
by