• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
HaziqMir says

I just installed WP under my localhost and I must say, I am beginning to love it. And like everyone, I have developed an inclination towards creating WP themes. But..

1. I am not good in XHTML and CSS
  2. I am a n00000b in PHP
  3. not good in jquery
  4. need MySQL? oh no!

But I’m passionate

faevilangel_designs
faevilangel_designs Recent Posts
Threads Started
83 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
faevilangel_designs says

1 Learn xhtml / css @ www.w3schools.com

2 PHP knowledge isn’t esential in building wordpress templates

3 Jquery isn’t essential in theme,ing.

4 Your web host will need mysql along with php to run it, but you do not need ti know it

I have built quite a few wordpress sites recently as people are flocking to it. They love it as it’s easy to use, easy for designers to code to and it’s free

694 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
HaziqMir says

Actually, i understand nothing! What is index.php and what is page.php? What is a custom admin panel?

faevilangel_designs
faevilangel_designs Recent Posts
Threads Started
83 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
faevilangel_designs says

In wordpress you can build pages or posts,

index.php is the site your visitors see, it’s the page all the content is on.

index.php will show a list of the posts you have made.

page.php is the actual pages on the wordpress site.

Page.php will show any a page you created (in the admin menu, go to pages, then add new page)

www.wordpress.org has the perfect way to show this, their navigation is made up of pages,

You can customise the page.php to look diffent through building a page.php through the template, a posts page can be changed by modifying single.php

As you have said you have no knowledge of WP, no knowledge of xhtml/css, i do recommend you don’t touch WP from a design perspective.

If you want a WP site either, download a free theme from wordpress.org, buy one from here (or another template site) or pay someone to build you one (like me).

I didn’t touch wordpress till I knew xhtml/css and basic php. You will also need to learn the wordpress codex if you want to create complicated designs

106 posts
  • Europe
colorit says
1475 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says

The love for Wordpress will only continue to grow, my friend. I recently started and I want to learn EVERYTHING about it because it’s so exciting. It expands your creativity and functionality way past XHTML /CSS.

I’d recommend getting the How to Be a Wordpress Rockstar book from Envato. It has loads of useful stuff, including 150 or so pages exclusively on HTML /CSS. I’m still in the process of reading it, but from the 250 pages that I’ve read, it’s all good, high-quality stuff with loads of screenshots.

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says
The love for Wordpress will only continue to grow, my friend. I recently started and I want to learn EVERYTHING about it because it’s so exciting. It expands your creativity and functionality way past XHTML /CSS. I’d recommend getting the How to Be a Wordpress Rockstar book from Envato. It has loads of useful stuff, including 150 or so pages exclusively on HTML /CSS. I’m still in the process of reading it, but from the 250 pages that I’ve read, it’s all good, high-quality stuff with loads of screenshots.

+1 good book. I would read it and do WP if I wasn’t that busy designing stuff :)

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says
The love for Wordpress will only continue to grow, my friend. I recently started and I want to learn EVERYTHING about it because it’s so exciting. It expands your creativity and functionality way past XHTML /CSS. I’d recommend getting the How to Be a Wordpress Rockstar book from Envato. It has loads of useful stuff, including 150 or so pages exclusively on HTML /CSS. I’m still in the process of reading it, but from the 250 pages that I’ve read, it’s all good, high-quality stuff with loads of screenshots.
+1 good book. I would read it and do WP if I wasn’t that busy designing stuff :)

Get on Skype you loser! :)

2952 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+5 more
DDStudios says

You aren’t there monkey ;)

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
+1 more
PixelBin says
You aren’t there monkey ;)

I was on earlier. Now I’m rebooting like crazy trying to install Windows 7. I’ll be on soon!

by
by
by
by
by
by