• Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
simonswiss says

Hi there,

I’ve been looking for some time for a good wordpress theme that allows me to create a marketplace (with features very similar to the way the envato marketplaces work) customized for the sales of gift certificates.

The way i see it work, users could create an account and sell gift vouchers (just like users can submit files on envato sites) with the difference that each certificate would be usable only once (serial key, printable voucher, etc..).

I have in mind a specific niche market, but this theme could apply to pretty anything that does not require to be shipped physically but can be printed.

Example: Mr Smith thinks that Mrs Smith would appreciate a dinner at Restaurant Alpha – he browses the web and find this website that offer vouchers for a meal for 2 in several restaurants in their area. He selects one item in the marketplace and buys it – then he gets to print the gift voucher and put it in a nice envelope to make a pretty gift!

The author of the gift voucher gets credited a % of the sale on his acount and the owner of the marketplace site gets the remaining % as a commission.. again, in a very similar fashion as themeforest.net works.

I guess the main features such a theme would need would be:

- Marketplace features – users can sign up and submit their vouchers, which get listed after being reviewed. User accounts should feature sales report, credit and payout system.

- generation of a unique serial number per sale, that gets e-mailed to the author of the file.

- credit deposit via paypal (not a necessity, but always a good feature!)

Such a theme could become very popular because it can apply to many fields (restaurants, shopping, hairdressers, hotels, tours, activities, events, etc..

I guess what i’m asking for is a site very similar to themeforest but with the specific customization that each item purchased can only be redeemed once (with a simple way for authors to verify the validity of the voucher when a customer wants to use the voucher).

I guess this concept could also boost the sale of specific items on graphicriver (voucher templates, gift certificates, ...) since some authors may want to make their vouchers look sexy by purchasing the work of some talented designers in the envato community.

What do you guys think of all this? Maybe the envato team is already planning to go that route? Anyway i’ve been trying to put this idea together for a while now but i haven’t got the coding skills to do it myself and i couldn’t find such a theme anywhere..

Thanks in advance for your input!

Cheers,

Simon

I am not necessarily looking for booking features, but

349 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
simonswiss says

PS: it doesn’t necessarily need to be on WP, but this would definitely be a + as it would leave room for all the customization awesomeness we all love WP for.. :)

349 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
simonswiss says

No one? °_°

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

I’m here

but I can’t help you :) sorry, better if you hire a freelancer to add the functionality that you want to an existed theme.

by
by
by
by
by
by