6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Or approve first and review later like flagged comments.

That would be a good start. Also in case such auto approvals abused with unacceptable inclusions, the default privilege can be revoked.

6839 posts
  • Envato Team
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Canada
  • Envato Live Participant
+13 more
KingDog
Envato team
says

I suppose in a perfect world each update wouldn’t have to be reviewed :) I’ll add it to the Community report to see what others think.

243 posts
  • Featured Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
+6 more
SurStudio
says

Or approve first and review later like flagged comments.

+1

972 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 13
  • Trendsetter
+9 more
Dream-Theme
says

+1. Yay! Let’s make auto-approval for Elites and make all other authors feel neglected! Elite power!..

^ that was bad joke.

Now seriously, -1. But I think there should be some sort of checkbox like “request emergency review” or “this is critical update” (that will work like one in AppStore)

2054 posts
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 11
  • Collector Level 2
  • Elite Author
+11 more
bitfade
says

Now seriously, -1. But I think there should be some sort of checkbox like “request emergency review” or “this is critical update” (that will work like one in AppStore)
that will never going to work.
161 posts Can't stop the signal
  • Elite Author
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author Level 7
+4 more
FranklinM2
says

I was just thinking about his.

It takes way too long to roll out updates as Bitfade mentioned.
+1

972 posts
  • Power Elite Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 13
  • Trendsetter
+9 more
Dream-Theme
says

that will never going to work.

But you do understand that Envato will not implement the auto-approval, right? We (authors) were begging for improved rating system and searchable comments for YEARS. And only now some actions are taken…

3072 posts
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 6
  • Collector Level 2
  • Weekly Top Seller
+7 more
wickedpixel
says

Another rule can be: If you need to notify the buyers about the update, the update needs manually approved.

2054 posts
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 11
  • Collector Level 2
  • Elite Author
+11 more
bitfade
says

But you do understand that Envato will not implement the auto-approval, right? We (authors) were begging for improved rating system and searchable comments for YEARS. And only now some actions are taken…
Unlike comments/ratings, there’s nothing new to be implemented since we already have auto approval (description). I didn’t check on TF but on AD, to update preview/thumbnail didn’t require approval either.

We, as many, are full-time authors who should have earned envato trust by now, can’t wait 10 hours for a 10 chars update to go online.

360 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Author Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
tmthymllr
says

Updates generally take less than 24 hours to get approved. Not a long time to wait.

by
by
by
by
by
by