1999 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
bitfade says

@bitfade I think the issue is with that Notification to buyers. Because the system will send mails to buyers. This can let one to update & notify buyers everytime has a new file, by updating all his files so all his buyers will know about his new file. Spam. It’s a tricky thing. But, like I posted before, can be filtered by manual approves when Notification is required.
I don’t think that’s the real issue here because update notifications were only introduced lately while we’re asking about immediate updates since ages.

But even it if was, as you already mentioned, the solution would be pretty simple.

1999 posts
+9 more
bitfade says

Imagine that someone with bad attitude uploaded a file like that. And imagine it got online right after uploading and till Envato checsk it or someone reports it, some 10 – 20 people downloaded it. We all know a quicker way for important upadets are required, but you can’t let everyone to do that for security reasons.
I didn’t say anyone for this reason, no experienced author would ever do something like that. We can discuss about what qualifies one as “experienced” but cannot deny a huge part of envato authors do not need baby-sitting when dealing with their own item updates.
174 posts Enjoy!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
XanderRock says

Imagine that someone with bad attitude uploaded a file like that. And imagine it got online right after uploading and till Envato checsk it or someone reports it, some 10 – 20 people downloaded it. We all know a quicker way for important upadets are required, but you can’t let everyone to do that for security reasons.
I didn’t say anyone for this reason, no experienced author would ever do something like that. We can discuss about what qualifies one as “experienced” but cannot deny a huge part of envato authors do not need baby-sitting when dealing with their own item updates.

I do support that idea. I’m just pointing out that well known security reason. There are reviewers all around the world. There can be quicker review for newly released items as a temporary solution. Like if your item has been released in the week, you’ll get reviewed as soon as your upload finished. No author would mind waiting for some 10 min. review for making update on his/her latest item

1999 posts
+9 more
bitfade says

Like if your item has been released in the week, you’ll get reviewed as soon as your upload finished. No author would mind waiting for some 10 min. review for making update on his/her latest item
If those were the timings, nobody would bother the mandatory approval. Unfortunately that’s not the case now and i can only see things getting worse because the amount of work put on reviewers keep increasing. Sure envato could hire more but shouldn’t that manpower being used for something better than approving bugfixes ?
174 posts Enjoy!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+6 more
XanderRock says

Like if your item has been released in the week, you’ll get reviewed as soon as your upload finished. No author would mind waiting for some 10 min. review for making update on his/her latest item
If those were the timings, nobody would bother the mandatory approval. Unfortunately that’s not the case now and i can only see things getting worse because the amount of work put on reviewers keep increasing. Sure envato could hire more but shouldn’t that manpower being used for something better than approving bugfixes ?

That can be the case. Reviewers are all around the world. There can be reviews for 24 hours. And for temporary solution there can be a rule like “if an item released this week, it’s update will be reviewed first”. And that would take lower than 10 min. to review and release.

I see you have released a new item and you are totally right on asking a faster review. But making a permanent solution on the Envato will take API changes. Which means it will take time. There can be a temporary solution till that.

But beyond all of these, our main problem is your (not you, I mean all authors) new file is your biggest chance for getting higher sales. Even if you have the best file of the marketplace but you had something weird on your first week, that file will not be increasing your sale and will be gone. I think there should be a place just like “Top Sellers” like “lately updated”. Just like the problem you are having now, you can have a problem with a plugin, with a theme file, or with your server (my server crash cost me my top seller file to get lost). So there should be something to save authors from this first week timing as well. But starting from extra help in first week will be a step.

714 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
LCweb says

Absolutely +1 to the Bitfade request. Quanto capisco la tua frustrazione..

I’ve faced a couple of critical updates in the past months and the review time was a real nightmare. Specially nowadays that reviewers are very busy, they take too much time to be approved.
Personally in past situations I wrote a very big warning in the item comments with the update info, suggesting customers to contact me to have the update (and yes.. I spent an entire day answering billion tickets..)

Now seriously, -1. But I think there should be some sort of checkbox like “request emergency review” or “this is critical update” (that will work like one in AppStore)

Yes I thought at the same thing, but not for everyone or reviewers will be buried. Only for elite authors or for “trusted ones” and those trusted will have only 1 credit per week. I think this would be a sustainable system.

714 posts
+6 more
LCweb says

bump.

In my opinion this became a real big issue here on Codecanyon. Today I submitted an important bugfix for a plugin and in 11 hours the progress bar is not even 50% ..!

4 months ago waiting times were acceptable. Nowadays (probably for a massive increase of the authors number) they takes too long.
Also providing an immediate support, an item could be ruined by that and both its author reputation!

I think is time to differentiate normal updates from urgent bugfixes. Has no sense to be in the same queue with other 200 authors not in a hurry.

As written before, my suggestion is: add a flag for bugfixes and give authors a limit of 2 urgent updates per week. This would help a lot and is not very difficult to implement IMHO!

304 posts Codestar
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
Codestar says

No any Credits, Why ? So we are Elite Author for buyers, not Envato ?

714 posts
+6 more
LCweb says

(Has the instant approval of my update something to do with my complaints? :D )

1626 posts Building the Web.
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+7 more
ZoomIt says

+1

by
by
by
by