• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
kevinsturf says

Hey guys I submitted this last night and woke up and got an email saying it got rejected due to some minor issues that caused it from being accepted. I have fixed those issues and resubmitted.

I wanted to have the audience’s opinion on it though.

So check it out: http://taintedarts.com/dynamo/

thanks.

20 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
brandon93s says

Hmm, all of the effects you are using seem slow and real edgy as if they were skipping animation frames. Hmm.

536 posts
  • Croatia
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
darius9000 says

not for me. animation effects looks fine and smooth on my side. reboot your computer :)

478 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
kevinsturf says

I know, do what darius9000 said reboot and it’ll work fine. All is smooth on my end

2016 posts Review Manager
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+7 more
jremick Staff says

Good job on the improvements, however here are a few more.

Information like copyright, etc. in the footer is not important and shouldn’t challenge your primary content for attention. You might reduce the font size and make it a more neutral color. If you had other information in the footer as a sort of secondary content you would format it a little differently. The goal is to create visual flow for your content from most important to least important and try to keep it from running together.

You might implement a lower contrast color style for body text as an option. It could be used on pages like the Portfolio page where the title is basically the same color as the text below it. Apply the lower contrast style to the text below the title and it helps the title stand out more without needing to change font size. This helps the titles on the page as a whole stand out more and visitors can skim the page better.

The last thing I would mention is the block quote in the header. The header looks pretty good but the block quote is fighting for attention with the logo because of the equal contrast and size. You might use a color that is a little darker so the contrast is lower than the contrast of the logo. This will help balance the header and improve eye flow.

I hope this helps! :-)

478 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
kevinsturf says

Information like copyright, etc. in the footer is not important and shouldn’t challenge your primary content for attention. You might reduce the font size and make it a more neutral color. If you had other information in the footer as a sort of secondary content you would format it a little differently. The goal is to create visual flow for your content from most important to least important and try to keep it from running together.

You might implement a lower contrast color style for body text as an option. It could be used on pages like the Portfolio page where the title is basically the same color as the text below it. Apply the lower contrast style to the text below the title and it helps the title stand out more without needing to change font size. This helps the titles on the page as a whole stand out more and visitors can skim the page better.

The last thing I would mention is the block quote in the header. The header looks pretty good but the block quote is fighting for attention with the logo because of the equal contrast and size. You might use a color that is a little darker so the contrast is lower than the contrast of the logo. This will help balance the header and improve eye flow.

OK thanks a lot for those tips, I will definitely do those and resubmit it.

478 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
kevinsturf says

OK thanks a lot for those tips, I will definitely do those and resubmit it.

Hey Jarel thanks once again, I fixed everything you noted to me and I think it’s ready now, so I resubmitted it.

if you’d like to see the updated version, check it out here

http://taintedarts.com/dynamo/

413 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Won a Competition
altinkum says

l would make footer same as header, will look more nice also some icons would be nice

37 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
firnovion says

i think it is nice, perhabs you should make the footer like the header.

478 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
kevinsturf says

hey guys thanks for the suggestion about the footer but my reviewer said not to draw to much attention to the footer, so I made it lighter, less noticeable. I mainly want people to be focused on what the site has and not about it’s copyright info. If it does get accepted maybe I’ll update it with the footer or if not , if someone would like to have it in , maybe they can do it.

by
by
by
by
by
by