205 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
Leupsi says

Hi,
i have uploaded an After Effects project to VideoHive which has no sales jet so i want to make a
special event: Every customer who buys a project for more than 10$ get’s this template for free.

No my question: Am i allowed to give one of my projects for free as an exclusive author,
or do i have to delete the item from VH at first?

Thank’s in advance for your help! :)

102 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
adrijusg says

I’d do a giveaway of Textures/backgrounds if possible too. Interested in hearing more about this :)

3742 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

I’m afraid you’re not allowed to license or resell any items outside the marketplaces if you’re selling them as an exclusive author on here. By giving it away for free, you’re basically giving away free licenses to use the file ;)

I’ll have a look-see in the support pages for some source on this. Good call for asking!

102 posts
adrijusg says

I’m afraid you’re not allowed to license or resell any items outside the marketplaces if you’re selling them as an exclusive author on here. By giving it away for free, you’re basically giving away free licenses to use the file ;) I’ll have a look-see in the support pages for some source on this. Good call for asking!

I’d like to do an exclusive giveaway on GraphicRiver itself, not elsewhere. :) The file/pack wouldn’t be the same as items on sale, but similar. Let’s say I’d giveaway a few Stone textures in a pack, while I’m selling grunge/bricks/urban and other stone textures.

1730 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+6 more
Firsh says

If you have a file that is not selling at all, and want to give it away, remove it from the market then you can do whatever you want with it.

3742 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

I’m afraid you’re not allowed to license or resell any items outside the marketplaces if you’re selling them as an exclusive author on here. By giving it away for free, you’re basically giving away free licenses to use the file ;) I’ll have a look-see in the support pages for some source on this. Good call for asking!
I’d like to do an exclusive giveaway on GraphicRiver itself, not elsewhere. :) The file/pack wouldn’t be the same as items on sale, but similar. Let’s say I’d giveaway a few Stone textures in a pack, while I’m selling grunge/bricks/urban and other stone textures.

I’m afraid it’s not allowed to give away freebies either, at least not on the forums – I’m unsure about other methods, but my guess is that it’s not allowed. Let me ask someone more experienced on the subject to weigh in..

102 posts
adrijusg says

I’m afraid it’s not allowed to give away freebies either, at least not on the forums – I’m unsure about other methods, but my guess is that it’s not allowed. Let me ask someone more experienced on the subject to weigh in..

Yeah, and that may be a thing that GR could do on broader scale. There is one free file featured every month (wonder how to get there too). Maybe it would be good if every member had a chance to give away one file on a marketplace.. maybe more, more one. If not, then how can people get onto that feature free file?

1730 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+6 more
Firsh says
102 posts
adrijusg says